Freeze randomly during gameplay

Go to solution Solved by Loukuins,

Since a few update ago, I keep getting freeze on the game

I run at 150-200 fps

I tried everything that people on ED Discord told me to do, nothing helped, I lowered a LOT my graphics and managed to stop the saturation of my RAM.

Since they didn't helped me they told me to make a thread here...

Here is my DXDiag, DCS.log and my last flight on Blueflag 80s with massive freezes

My rig :
Ryzen 7 5800X3D
32GB 3200MHz CAS 16
RTX 3080 10GB Vision OC
2 MX500 1TB SSD
Windows 11 Pro
3440x1440 Monitor AW3423DW

dcs.log

BLUE-FLAG.80s.miz-dynamic-20230518-145744.7z DxDiag.txt

Edited by Loukuins

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

Hi.

Your PC has 3 HDDs. Ensure DCS is not using any of them while playing. Run Windows Resource Monitor, select the Disk tab, tick dcs.exe, then watch the files listed below. These are all the files being accessed by DCS. Ensure none of them is from you E:, F: or H: drive.

If you haven't tried that already, rename your Saved Games/DCS... folder to "DCS.bak", then see if DCS keeps freezing.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

3 hours ago, Flappie said:

Hi.

Your PC has 3 HDDs. Ensure DCS is not using any of them while playing. Run Windows Resource Monitor, select the Disk tab, tick dcs.exe, then watch the files listed below. These are all the files being accessed by DCS. Ensure none of them is from you E:, F: or H: drive.

If you haven't tried that already, rename your Saved Games/DCS... folder to "DCS.bak", then see if DCS keeps freezing.

Already done all of that, and no DCS won't use anything from my HDD

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

Finally found a fix, reduce the VRAM usage of DCS and putting more stable RAM settings

On 8/6/2023 at 11:05 AM, Flappie said:

Thanks for your feedback. How did you achieve it?

I lowered the ground terrain setting, lowered MSAA and Shadow, aswell as putting the LODs to the minimums and putting preload radius at 55k, and clean fxo and metashaders2 when I update the game and when I update my drivers, force ReBAR and lowered anisotropic filtering, everything that used memory got lowered and now the game doesn't exceed my VRAM, giving me a very stable game, I still have stutters but they are very short and doesn't happen often, I also disabled SSAO, SSLR that give me unstable frames too, I'm now VRAM limited running at 180fps, I can't really increase the quality anymore, the freeze was mainly from my instable RAM settings

I also don't use fTPM and so Core Isolation is disabled since it scans RAM in real time and would destroy performance in DCS

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Loukuins said:

I lowered the ground terrain setting, lowered MSAA and Shadow, aswell as putting the LODs to the minimums and putting preload radius at 55k, and clean fxo and metashaders2 when I update the game and when I update my drivers, force ReBAR and lowered anisotropic filtering, everything that used memory got lowered and now the game doesn't exceed my VRAM, giving me a very stable game, I still have stutters but they are very short and doesn't happen often, I also disabled SSAO, SSLR that give me unstable frames too, I'm now VRAM limited running at 180fps, I can't really increase the quality anymore, the freeze was mainly from my instable RAM settings

I also don't use fTPM and so Core Isolation is disabled since it scans RAMnull in real time and would destroy performance in DCS

Here my settings in game
I have now a 4070 Ti still VRAM limited with those settings

image.png