Quest Pro left hand controller not recognized

Dentedend10

Hi,

I’ve been trying to switch to Oculus runtime from SteamVR. 
now when I launch DCS, only the right hand controller is recognized. Both controllers show up in msfs with same runtime. 
This is in MT version, open Beta, using OpenXR toolkit. 
Any ideas?

thanks

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

15 minutes ago, Dentedend10 said:

Hi,

now when I launch DCS, only the right hand controller is recognized. Both controllers show up in msfs with same runtime. 
Any ideas?

thanks

I am a little confused, why Open XR Toolkit with Oculus runtime? And why run Steam VR in the first place as DCS has native support for Oculus?

I think currently the MT version of DCS defaults to Open XR runtime, you may need to set parameters for running in Oculus runtime.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

7 hours ago, dburne said:

I am a little confused, why Open XR Toolkit with Oculus runtime? And why run Steam VR in the first place as DCS has native support for Oculus?

I think currently the MT version of DCS defaults to Open XR runtime, you may need to set parameters for running in Oculus runtime.

I was running SteamVR as I need motion compensation for motion sim and OPENVR MC was the only one available. Now that there is OpenXR MC I’d like to not run SteamVR due to the reported bottleneck. 
I’m not sure if I understood what you’re saying there. I can run Quest Pro without oculus app and oculus runtime? How do I that?

image.jpg

Edited by Dentedend10

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

19 minutes ago, Dentedend10 said:

I was running SteamVR as I need motion compensation for motion sim and OPENVR MC was the only one available. Now that there is OpenXR MC I’d like to not run SteamVR due to the reported bottleneck. 
I’m not sure if I understood what you’re saying there. I can run Quest Pro without oculus app and oculus runtime? How do I that?

image.jpg

No I was saying you can run Quest Pro natively with Oculus runtime - DCS supports it. No need for Steam VR or Open XR.

However regarding this MC that I do not know anything about. That would prevent you from being able to run natively with the Quest Pro?

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

No I was saying you can run Quest Pro natively with Oculus runtime - DCS supports it. No need for Steam VR or Open XR.

However regarding this MC that I do not know anything about. That would prevent you from being able to run natively with the Quest Pro?

My understanding is that the API is OpenXR even when you run DCS natively with Oculus Runtime. API first, and then Runtime. I might be wrong though. 
regardless, controllers seem to work in MSFS under pretty much identical settings. DCS won’t recognize my left hand controller. 
are you running Quest Pro with controllers?

5 minutes ago, Dentedend10 said:

My understanding is that the API is OpenXR even when you run DCS natively with Oculus Runtime. API first, and then Runtime. I might be wrong though. 
regardless, controllers seem to work in MSFS under pretty much identical settings. DCS won’t recognize my left hand controller. 
are you running Quest Pro with controllers?

No and obviously this is getting beyond my level of understanding - perhaps others can help you out better. Never heard of this api-runtime segregation.  I sure would have thought one could run DCS natively with the Oculus runtime like has been done with their previous headsets for years. Best of luck,

Edited by dburne

Don B

1 minute ago, dburne said:

No and obviously this is getting beyond my level of understanding - perhaps others can help you out better. I sure would have thought one could run DCS natively with the Oculus runtime like has been done with their previous headsets for years.

Thanks anyways, yea maybe that would solve the controller issue 😕

SOLVED - OpenXR MC was interfering. Had to set a parameter to 0 to disable the software from using the controller for tracking. Now both controllers show up

On 5/20/2023 at 3:36 PM, Dentedend10 said:

Hi,

Any ideas?

thanks

Occasionally, Steam VR is also playing on me the very same way, it won't recognize controllers and even the headset when it have been working just fine for month.

Since STEAM support keep replying "we don't support Pico" I told them what I thought of them and it wasn't pretty, it's not the hardware, it's their god damned package which is unstable and they wash their hand of it, it became obvious when the you both headset and controller been given the OK in STEAM settings but for some reasons, STEAM VR just screw you, by that I mean I can't play two games out of 3.

I'm not taking it, As early as there is a solution to get rid of STEAM all together I'll take it.

Anyway, the issue have been identified (not thanks to STEAM support), and it comes from AMD Driver strings throwing STEAM VR into orbit, when I say instability, here you have a clear example, solution, FRESH AMD Driver install..

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.