Orion 2 Throttle Afterburner Setting

brettt777

Okay, I finally got my vibration working on my F-16EX stick, now I need to figure out the afterburner setup. In DCS, if I move the FA-18 throttle up to the AB stop, it goes to 100%. But if I push it past the stop into AB, nothing happens. No afterburner at all. I have calibrated the throttles in SimAppPro, but not absolutely sure if I did it correctly. During the calibration it says to move the throttle from idle to max. Does that mean as far as it will go including past the AB gate, or just up to the AB gate? And the AB calibration says move both axis to the AB at the same time. So that means actually past the gate into AB, correct? If I do all this correctly, am I suppose to see any kind of indication when I go past the AB gate? The way I have it now, when I put the throttles to max, i.e. right up to the AB gate, the throttle test indications show them going to max, 100%. When I go past the gate into AB, I get no indication that anything changed. What am I missing here? When I try to set the AB position in the FA-18 throttle settings, nothing happens. It shows no indication at all when I go to AB. What am I doing wrong? I am sure this is just a setting somewhere. The SimAppPro manual is rather vague about many of these procedures...

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hey @brettt777,

I know this thread is pretty old, but I had the same confusion recently with SimAppPro and figured it out, so I'll drop what I found here just in case:

• The 'Max' in SimAppPro is NOT what you would normally call 'Mil'; it's the absolute maximum top of the throttle axes.
  • The way I found this out was by just looking at the Orion 2 throttle; it's clearly labelled next to the throttle axes.
  • I then recalibrated the Rx and Ry axes, this time pushing them both past the 'Mil' detent all the way to the top.
  • I then recalibrated thre Afterburners bu pushing both throttles past the 'Mil' detent to the top (which I think makes no sense, but whatever).
  • When I then tested the throttle axes in SimAppPro, they looked nad acted like they should.
  • Same goes for DCS; before, the 'Mil' detent acted as 100% in the controlls settings when editing the axes. Now they behave as you'd expect.

Hope this helps yourself or anyone else!

Cheers, Nick          

My pinned post explains everything

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

In fact posted in Sep 2020 and it still works IF you follow the instructions. A lot of users cannot be bothered reading and wish to be spoon fed.

Edited by MustangSally