P51 and Rockets

Cpt. TRIJJ

Here is what I have to do to fire rockets (0n PC with Trackir Off) ... with left hand, cross-over my right hand... push joystick to the right to get it out of the way... flip switch to Rockets and the turn switch to Single. The Rocket did fire. And yes...some of u guessed it I'm sure....I'm in the ground. Certainly that is not how to do it? There is no key-bind to flip to Rockets, that I saw. I did bind Single and Weapon Release. I can manually flip to Rockets. However, Single and Weapon Release did not work when bound to my Joystick. I believe I had then on Button 8 and 9...but that was awkward as well. Good gosh, some1 save me from this nightmare.   xD    How r u guys doing it?

6 hours ago, Cpt. TRIJJ said:

How r u guys doing it?

We have TrackIR on ;).

On a serious note, I don't know about salvo selector being bindable or not - never felt need for operating it with anything but mouse, but weapon release on joystick certainly works allright. What happens when you go to controls menu and press that 8 or 9 button of yours? It should automatically go to and highlight the "weapon release" row. If it doesn't, that means you haven't actually bound that command.

Unless you're suffering form the old bug of D-25 not being able to read D-30 commands on first DCS mission load, but that's another issue altogether and I suppose you would've noticed none of your custom commands work anyway.

Warthog HOTAS here, by the way, used without TARGET or any other external software.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I have all weapon functions, including rockets and bombs on my Virpil Panel, so yes, I can bind it (maybe not only selector of pylons for rockets, Im doing it by mouse, however I don't really use it at all).

I fly VR only, no any issue for me. Fast and easy ;).

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thnx for answering. I just went to check to c if those two keys were bound. They were bound correctly. I did move them to Bttn 3 (bomb/rocket selector to rockets) and Bttn 4 (rocket selector to single). Double-checked back into Control Panel and all was good. Got back into a ground Mission, got lined up, hit those two keys...and the rocket did not fire. I use the 16000M FCS Thrustmaster Joystick. My Fire Guns is on Bttn 1 and works fine. Shrugs   

4 hours ago, Cpt. TRIJJ said:

Thnx for answering. I just went to check to c if those two keys were bound. They were bound correctly. I did move them to Bttn 3 (bomb/rocket selector to rockets) and Bttn 4 (rocket selector to single). Double-checked back into Control Panel and all was good. Got back into a ground Mission, got lined up, hit those two keys...and the rocket did not fire. I use the 16000M FCS Thrustmaster Joystick. My Fire Guns is on Bttn 1 and works fine. Shrugs   

A third command is missing from that description, which stops at weapon selection step. Now pressing the actual "Weapon Release" button should follow. Did you forget to write about it, or to use it? It's RAlt+Space by default.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No problem. Mind you, ground tagets damage modelling from blast is very simplified in DCS and shrapnel damage is not sumulated at all. Meaning you have to drop the bombs VERY close to targets to cause damage. Not an issue for modern A/C players wth their fancy targeting systems, but pretty big issue for warbird players with their Mk I eyeball only. It is what it is, you'll have to get used to it.