Mission, 5 eye for an eye No Plane no FUN

Go to solution Solved by King39,

Hi, I'm trying to do again this campain but now, with 2.0, in this mision I don't have aircraft to fly. I can't get into the copit to start it up, I see the plane in F2 view but not in F1.

Has someone more this problem?

3 hours ago, Scylla said:

Hi, I'm trying to do again this campain but now, with 2.0, in this mision I don't have aircraft to fly. I can't get into the copit to start it up, I see the plane in F2 view but not in F1.

Has someone more this problem?

I just tried it a couple of times and it worked fine. I tried it in the A-10C and A-10C II and no problems. I don't know what to tell you.

I am having the same trouble.  Playing on OB.  

*Edit*  i removed all my mods and tried again - same thing.  The mission tells you at the start that your flight is delayed, and then it lets you f2 your plane while the narration starts but you can't get in the plane (f1).  just sits there forever...  

trying the a-10c II

Edited by CrystalynEntity

The one mod I ever installed was the UH-60 and it caused many problems even after I deleted it. I had to uninstall DCS World and then reinstall it to get everything back to normal.

Edited by King39

I still prefer using the UH60 than your campaing, sorry I try to pass this mission waiting to end in the airfield and if not posible I go to another campiang that accept some weird modules like the Black hawck

On 5/22/2023 at 9:57 PM, CrystalynEntity said:

I am having the same trouble.  Playing on OB.  

*Edit*  i removed all my mods and tried again - same thing.  The mission tells you at the start that your flight is delayed, and then it lets you f2 your plane while the narration starts but you can't get in the plane (f1).  just sits there forever...  

trying the a-10c II

Hey - my post was not a solution. It’s still broken.  I was just providing more info.  I’d like the campaign creator to fix it so you don’t have to uninstall the whole game to play the campaign.  The uh-60 mod is one of the most popular mods.  I’ve uninstalled it but that’s not enough.

Edited by CrystalynEntity

2 hours ago, CrystalynEntity said:

Hey - my post was not a solution. It’s still broken.  I was just providing more info.  I’d like the campaign creator to fix it so you don’t have to uninstall the whole game to play the campaign.  The uh-60 mod is one of the most popular mods.  I’ve uninstalled it but that’s not enough.

Ok. So, what would you have me do?

These are the first two reports of a problem with Mission 5 and you both admit to having mods installed = your mods are the problem.

You install modifications with the clear knowledge that they can lead to undesirable problems. Thats why they are called mods and not Add-ons or Enhancements or some other name. They modify that base game (DCS World) so that they can run their individual code at the expense of stability of the base game. And if you are adding your mod to an Open BETA release (a pre-release, experimental version) than you are piling problem on top of problem and expecting it all to work out fine.

But it won't. Sometimes it will if you're lucky but it generally won't work properly.

I mean, if you were flying an airplane under those same conditions it would be a short flight and you wouldn't be long for this world.

Now, again, what do you want ME to do about YOUR problem?

I see: its our problem to buy your Campaing, Dont worry It would never hapened againg.

And If its a mod problem and not your mission, why this didn't happend in mission 1, 2, 3, 4, 6... maybe its not only our problem, but you know very well, as you said its our problem, yes we can't fly this mission, so its our problem.

And, @CrystalynEntity I mark your post as a solution because when I read developer answer I understand clearly that WE have a problem that has no solution, skip the mission He's not goin to accept nothing and blame us for all, in the first time you post that we have mods.... he see the "solution" .

For me this problem its solved skip the mission and be happie until the next thing we do wrong like fly in our houses whith terrible and dangerous mods.

Its OUR problem I know

Look, I'm sorry you're having problems with this mission. I really am and I would be disappointed if I couldn't complete it. But, there's NOTHING I can do to fix this this problem. When there's a problem with a campaign or mission I've created I always acknowledge it and fix it and release the updated mission. I've done it a dozen times. But there's NOTHING I can do to fix this problem.

I would be willing to bet real money that if you properly delete DCS World and all your mods and modules and then did a clean reinstall of DCS World and then your purchased modules you'd be able to complete the campaign without any problems. And E.D. really makes this incredibly easy with their download manager.

The other option, if you want your mods, is for you to install a clean install of DCS World next to your mod-installed DCS World preferably on a different drive.

As I said, I installed the UH-60 mod and it was brilliant, but it created a lot of problems and had to delete it and DCS World and then reinstall it to get it working again.

• Like 1

ed himself very often points out that mods cause problems

what should @king39 and other campaign manufacturers do? you cannot request that you complete all missions test all available mods.

that would take an infinite amount of time

AMD Ryzen 3900xt 32 Gb DDR 4 NVIDIA RTX 4070ti

hace 5 horas, King39 dijo:

Look, I'm sorry you're having problems with this mission. I really am and I would be disappointed if I couldn't complete it. But, there's NOTHING I can do to fix this this problem. When there's a problem with a campaign or mission I've created I always acknowledge it and fix it and release the updated mission. I've done it a dozen times. But there's NOTHING I can do to fix this problem.

I would be willing to bet real money that if you properly delete DCS World and all your mods and modules and then did a clean reinstall of DCS World and then your purchased modules you'd be able to complete the campaign without any problems. And E.D. really makes this incredibly easy with their download manager.

The other option, if you want your mods, is for you to install a clean install of DCS World next to your mod-installed DCS World preferably on a different drive.

As I said, I installed the UH-60 mod and it was brilliant, but it created a lot of problems and had to delete it and DCS World and then reinstall it to get it working again.

I know that way of instalation, but, for one mission that I do in the previous version, I prefer to skip it. No problem for me.

And I know that it's very very very difficult to do a campain, and there is a lot of work. But in this particular case I really don't think so, why in previous missions, works well ?(this thing)

As you see, I don't write in formus, I don't like it. Because it's usually the same, some one makes a correction or a problem, and all the affected friends jump to tell you all what you do wrong, but never admit the problem.

You think the campain doesn't have more bugs? no more problems? it's perfect?

Maybe

• Solution

Apologies to Scylla and CrystalynEntity

OK, so I have to swallow my pride and make a public apology to Scylla and CrystalynEntity. They were both correct that the problem with Mission 5 was something stupid I did and not with anything they did or did not do. It was something stupidly simple which I forgot to change.

Again, my apologies to both of them and I am offering Mission 5 gratis as it will be a week or two before the updated campaign will be available for download via the Download Manager. Download at your leisure and I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lDYHyCd_Ni5DVe3iGgyarZA9rgO0hnoE?usp=share_link 

• Like 2

@King39  that was a really classy thing you did.  People notified you of an issue, we talked about potential problems, chased a few dead ends and you looked into it.  Really professional. I appreciate your hard work and the whole reason we're talking is because i'm really enjoying your work and i'm excited to play your campaign.

I hope people see this and hold you up.

-Dan

Thanks a lot for your effors, your hard work, and for your apologies, thank you very much.

Now its really solved.

By the way, I learn to introduce the wind in LASTE thanks to your Campain, in other campains the wind is not so hard, but dificulties make better "pilots". As we said in Army: Sweat in trainig, less blood in combat.

Thanks