I've noticed this bug for the last few months , but I wonder if anyone else is having it. I play with the Quest 2 at 120Hz and a PD of 1.3 and the game runs beautifully at 40-50 FPS in each eye. Every now and then (at least 3x a week) I will have a line going horizontally in two different shades going through both lenses. The only fix is to quit DCS or restart my headset. I have provided the Track and Log from my Most recent flight with this occurring.

image.png

image.png

image.png

dcs.log 101VFS_FOOTHOLD_EXPANDED_EDITION_V2.7.4-20230528-100743.trk

DxDiag.txt

Edited by [101VFS] WhiskeyCharlie

| Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHZ | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB+970 EVO 2TB | EVGA 1300 Watt Gold | VPC WarBRD Base + VPC Constellation ALPHA Grip | VPC Mongoos T-50 CM3 Throttle | VPC Control Panel - #2 | MFG Crosswind V3 | WINWING Phoenix MIP | Next Level Racing Boeing Cockpit | Monstertech WINWING MIP Table Mount |

Nvidia settings3.jpg

Nvidia settings2.jpg

Nvidia settings1.jpg

| Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9GHz | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3200MHZ | Samsung 870 EVO 1TB+970 EVO 2TB | EVGA 1300 Watt Gold | VPC WarBRD Base + VPC Constellation ALPHA Grip | VPC Mongoos T-50 CM3 Throttle | VPC Control Panel - #2 | MFG Crosswind V3 | WINWING Phoenix MIP | Next Level Racing Boeing Cockpit | Monstertech WINWING MIP Table Mount |

I ran into this when I was using Air Link  I had to set my Encode Bitrate to 0 to fix the problem in Oculus Debug tool.   I use the link cable now and I set encode resolution to 3902,encode bitrate 400,spacewarp disabled, link sharpening enabled and  pixel per display override 1.15 My quest2 is 90hz 1.3 4224x2128.  I would start bumping up the encode bitrate and see if that helps.

J

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

Do you mean the upper screen is "darker" than the lower part of the screen? like - cut in the middle?

A few nividia settings i whould change:

- low latency mode - i have set it to ultra (using MT) it gave me a much more smoother gameplay

- nvidia shader cache - i have set it to 10gb - unlimited with an ssd is to risky

- Anti Aliasing gamma correction - i've set this to off - shadows seems darker

Iam also not sure with pixel override density within Oculus debug tool - because you already set 1.3 within the oculus app - i have mine set to 1.0

And i personally switched down from 120hz to 90hz - its absolutely the same experience but the cpu/gpu load is much lower

Edited by LOW_Hitman

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

6 hours ago, Nealius said:

Can you get a picture of this line in the lenses?

I’ve tried to but it always shows up normal cause it’s screenshotting the 2D picture.

7 hours ago, Tomcat388th said:

I ran into this when I was using Air Link  I had to set my Encode Bitrate to 0 to fix the problem in Oculus Debug tool.   I use the link cable now and I set encode resolution to 3902,encode bitrate 400,spacewarp disabled, link sharpening enabled and  pixel per display override 1.15 My quest2 is 90hz 1.3 4224x2128.  I would start bumping up the encode bitrate and see if that helps.

J

I noticed with my card the screen tearing becomes worse.

4 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

Do you mean the upper screen is "darker" than the lower part of the screen? like - cut in the middle?

- low latency mode - i have set it to ultra (using MT) it gave me a much more smoother gameplay

- nvidia shader cache - i have set it to 10gb - unlimited with an ssd is to risky

Iam also not sure with pixel override density within Oculus debug tool - because you already set 1.3 within the oculus app - i have mine set to 1.0

And i personally switched down from 120hz to 90hz - its absolutely the same experience but the cpu/gpu load is much lower

Said it exactly how I’d put it. I dumbed it down to 90hz recommended. Now I’m locked at 45 FPS in the Tomcat.

6 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

When it happens it looks like the view has been divided into 1/3d's each section is off just a touch it almost like each one has a different contrast level.  I just made some lines on this snapshot on how it was layed out

j

3 lines.jpg

Ryzen7 5800X3D. 64 gb ram, 6950XT 16gb,  Winwing Orion F18, MFG Crosswind Rudder, 42 inch lg tv, Quest PRO

USN  VF31 F14A  AE2 1985-1989 CV 59 NAS Oceana

IL ANG 183FW/170FS F16 Block 30 Big Mouth 1989-2006 Full time tech Retired E8

22 minutes ago, Tomcat388th said:

3 lines.jpg

I don't get the top line, just the bottom 1/3 looks washed out. I'm trying to replicate it, but seems to do it under high loads.

6 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

Just set the settings, checking now.

sounds strange - maybe vram full but not sure. In the meantime i testet 120hz within the MT Version of DCS. It gives a lot more fps and smoother gameplay, but iam using a RTX 3070ti. But give it a try.

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

7 hours ago, LOW_Hitman said:

You just dropped my frametime from an unstable 22 to 20 locked, thank you! This is the best looking and smoothest I've seen in a long time.

• Like 1

vor 9 Minuten schrieb [101VFS] WhiskeyCharlie:

You just dropped my frametime from an unstable 22 to 20 locked, thank you! This is the best looking and smoothest I've seen in a long time.

really? it's smoother now? perfect! For me low latency mode ultra changed everthing in DCS-MT

Edited by LOW_Hitman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LOW_Hitman said:

really? it's smoother now? perfect!

You did absolute wonders for my PC. I was thinking of upgrading and dropping another $3,400 for a new PC build. Forget that idea!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, [101VFS] WhiskeyCharlie said:

I’ve tried to but it always shows up normal cause it’s screenshotting the 2D picture

Smartphone shot through the lens should work. I had an issue like this but don't know if it looks similar to yours. I think I deleted my original through-the-lens shot but here's a replication using GIMP. When I had the issue sometimes that bar would be in the bottom third instead of the middle. Other times I would have two bars, the one in the middle being more transparent than the one on the bottom third.

xJm8g0O.png

34 minutes ago, Nealius said:

Smartphone shot through the lens should work. I had an issue like this but don't know if it looks similar to yours. I think I deleted my original through-the-lens shot but here's a replication using GIMP. When I had the issue sometimes that bar would be in the bottom third instead of the middle. Other times I would have two bars, the one in the middle being more transparent than the one on the bottom third.

xJm8g0O.png

just like it, but the lighter shade takes up the bottom 1/3

Same issue I had, then. For me it was DCS using more VRAM than my system had. I first had it in 2.7 and had to upgrade from a 6GB RTX2070 to a 12GB RTX3060 because it happened at even the lowest settings on my 6GB card. Then the problem came back in 2.8 with the Tomcat on Syria. Things that mitigated the problem for me were lowering Textures to MEDIUM and Terrain Textures to LOW. My pagefile is also set to 32GB but I don't know if that makes a difference for VRAM usage. Changing Link encode settings, DCS PD, Oculus resolution etc. never worked in my situation.

Edited by Nealius

vor 14 Stunden schrieb [101VFS] WhiskeyCharlie:

You did absolute wonders for my PC. I was thinking of upgrading and dropping another $3,400 for a new PC build. Forget that idea!

thats the sense of this community! You should "backup" your actual settings, so you can roll back after fine tuning. I made screenshots from all settings (DCS ingame, and DCS VR, Oculus Tray Tool, Oculus App and Nivdia Settings, also a Backup of graphics.lua. When i started i had much more trouble than you with this game in vr, but now it's runnin very good and issues happens not as often as before.

If you like i can share all my settings with you so you can try finetune a few other settings. But make sure to backup as i said before, because sometimes fine tuning is making things worse

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Nealius:

Same issue I had, then. For me it was DCS using more VRAM than my system had. I first had it in 2.7 and had to upgrade from a 6GB RTX2070 to a 12GB RTX3060 because it happened at even the lowest settings on my 6GB card. Then the problem came back in 2.8 with the Tomcat on Syria. Things that mitigated the problem for me were lowering Textures to MEDIUM and Terrain Textures to LOW. My pagefile is also set to 32GB but I don't know if that makes a difference for VRAM usage. Changing Link encode settings, DCS PD, Oculus resolution etc. never worked in my situation.

I haven't seen this vram issue for a while. Iam not sure if it helps but after i set the pagefile to a fixed size (min and max of 32682) and in the nvidia settings (PhysX-Setting) Processor: your gpu - NOT automatic! i felt that it changed it the positive way.

Also i added a setting in the windows grahpics setting for the oculus app (maximum perfomance)

null

image.png

Edited by LOW_Hitman