Future Airbus Helicopters A Star and Alouette III

Devil 505

I would really like to encourage the Polychop to continue working with Airbus Helicopters when considering content for DCS.  I grew up around the company and they have in my opinion, some of the worlds most famous helicopters for military and civilian use.  All be it, most military versions are serving in foreign military units, they have still left a huge impact on the states and HH 65 is still the primary rescue helo for the Coast Guard.  

As DCS is fleshed out for search and rescue operations, I firmly believe helicopters like the Puma, Super Puma, and Alouette III would be great for tasks such as these.  Rescuing downed pilots, troop insertion/extraction ect....  Helos like the Puma were also armed.  Below are a couple videos I shot in VR for 2 Airbus/Aerospatiale helicopters currently available in MSFS 2020.  I would love to see these come to DCS and I could think of no one better to tackle them than Polychop.  The 2 helicopters below are the A Star and Alouette III.  Both have seen extensive action all over the world.  With the CH-47 coming to DCS, I think it would be hard to argue at this point that a cargo, troop transport, or search and rescue helicopter is not needed or wanted in DCS anymore.  I look forward to hearing if Poly has given anymore consideration to future work with Airbus Helicopters on their old Aerospatiale line.  I would love nothing more than to see an old Panther make the scene in DCS.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devil 505 said:

The 2 helicopters below are the A Star and Alouette III. 

Think RAZBAM are doing something in regards to Alouette 3 (AI for Sth Atlantic). Was in service with Argentine Forces during the Falklands war.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUFA said:

Think RAZBAM are doing something in regards to Alouette 3 (AI for Sth Atlantic). Was in service with Argentine Forces during the Falklands war.

I thought so to. There is a lot of functionality to the model in MSFS believe it or not. Not much you can do with it, but still fun to toy around with.  In DCS though, it could play a pivotal role in SAR missions on the dynamic campaign generator using the SA map.  I know RAZ already has irons in the fire with doing the BO and then works WAY down the road for a full SH-2 Sea Sprite module.  With Poly already working with Airbus and having the Gazelle down, not to mention the soon to be released updates for the Gazelle, I think they could handle the Alouette III a lot easier.  It would be a day 1 for me, even if all it was good for was troop transport and SAR.  The South African mounted some crazy weapons on it, very third party look. LOL.  

Sud-Aviation SA 3160 Alouette III, the armed versions - Passed for  Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Sud-Aviation SA 3160 Alouette III, the armed versions - Passed for  Consideration - War Thunder - Official Forum

Door gunner with twin machine guns on a Aérospatiale Alouette III light  utility helicopter of the Rhodesian Air Force - readying for a Fire force  operation during the Bush War, against the

G-car? | laststandonzombieisland

Steam :: Wargame: Red Dragon :: Nation Pack: South African Helicopter  Showcase

• Like 3

At the moment I just want them to bring the Kiowa to release. I am not a believer in 1 developer doing only xyz. Have some hope that a new third party/ies comes in and we get these at a greater rate. BTW great pics👍

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

All for more helicopters, but I can't stop and think about how they'd fit in DCS World.

I look at it from a multiplayer perspective, but even from a singleplayer one, I can see that a lot of modules don't see any love for campaigns officially. Now while there's custom missions online, they don't have the guarantee of a good experience. I assume modules get taken up as projects by studios (3rd party mostly) because something abstract about the aircraft incites enthusiasm within the dev team and that'll serve to keep up both motivation and discipline. But that something absract usually comes with a story and I feel like too few modules get sold along with that story. Long story short, create the module, sell the module, create a campaign inspired by that story and sell that to us too.

So yes helicopters, but helicopters that fit into the mold that DCS currently provides. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/22/2023 at 3:23 PM, IAR-93 said:

Alouette or SA 330

Your in luck,

I shot a few more videos a month or so back planning to add them to this and just never did.  Here are two of them for simulated SAR operations we could do in DCS. Both shot in PIMAX VR (Awesome experience)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IAR-93 said:

Just made this...love this little bird:)

g6wq8cvw.png

Underrated and well deserves a spot amongst virtual pilots.  DCS is quickly becoming the virtual hangar that allows us to never forget these iconic aircraft.  I only hope one day someone will do the Dauphin, specifically the Panther.  I was there the first day they rolled her out. My dad took me out of school to see it. This company use to be the spitting image of a family friendly tight knit company when I was growing up in the 80's.  So many fond memories of Aerospatiale and their Helos. Pumas, Super Pumas, A-Star/Twin-Star, Aloutte's, Llama's, Gazelle's, BO-105's and BK-117's when they got bought out. Good times!

image.png

The old man test flying the OG Coast Guard Dauphins in their first paint scheme. 

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 1