Advice installing Normandy 2.0

I purchased the Normandy 2.0 pack but I don't think it has installed correctly.  Is there any way I can tell it's there please?  I use Steam and have the Open Beta option selected.  Here are some screenshots of my menus.  When I tried the "Free flight - 06 June 1944", the scenery looked pretty unimpressive.

Looking forward to playing this but getting a bit frustrated.  I think it's probably something to do with Steam.

Thanks!

DCS2.png

DCS1.png

I don't use Steam version, but recall other Steam guys reporting similar issues. I think It was something related to too many Normandy-related items ticked in the DLC list. Search around the dedicated forum section for the Normandy 2.0, especially later pages of the FAQ thread.

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/1084-dcs-normandy-20/

If everything's installed correctly, you will generally see the map in the game still referred to as just "Normandy" (as it was previously), but you'll get bigger map area with London and Paris, and when you fly to these cities, you should see high resolution textures on all buildings, airbases and structures. Use F11 free camera to check them out faster.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I believe you need to:

- uncheck al 3 Normandy items (Normandy 1944 Map, Normandy 2.0, and Normandy 2.0 Full by Ugra), the map will be removed/deleted from your computer disk.
- Shutdown Steam. Restart it.
- Go to the DLC list, and re-check the 3 items again (enable a check mark), and it'll be re-downloaded/activated. 

I think that's what I did to make it work 2 months ago.

Thanks for the advice peachmonkey.  I tried that and it's still the same I'm afraid.  I'm wishing I never went the Steam route now, it really is flaky.

Here's a quick screenshot - surely I can expect more than those horrible field textures?  It looks like something I played 30 years ago.

Normandy1.png

Edited by Sutts99

16 hours ago, Sutts99 said:

Thanks for the advice peachmonkey.  I tried that and it's still the same I'm afraid.  I'm wishing I never went the Steam route now, it really is flaky.

Here's a quick screenshot - surely I can expect more than those horrible field textures?  It looks like something I played 30 years ago.

it is a bit strange, but to make sure you at least got the proper license do a fly over Paris or London and look at the buildings. If they are missing textures (naked/empty) facades then it's still a licensing issue, however if the facades are present then the license is OK and it's some gfx issue on your machine..

For the third time - as mentioned, go to London or Paris and check the building detail so that we know we're on the same page when troubleshooting this issue.

Your screen suggests, however, you might indeed still have 1.5 activated instead of 2.0. Field textures are one thing, but It seems to me the infrastructure textures of that little farm on the left are low resolution as well. For comparison, this is how the same location should look like in 2.0, with date set to June and "Terrain Textures" set to "High":

Screen_230601_154442.jpg

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.