Conflicting MODS

Aoi Kaze

Hi all!
Last week I was suddenly having problems lasering my bombs. Nothing happened until someone recommended me to uninstall my mods and make a cleanup and repair. It worked. I re-enabled some of them and it was ok, until since a couple of days I started having troubles with my GBU-105s, that stopped dropping, so today I decided to do it again. I never reinstalled the MODS I thought could cause the troubles, and most of the ones I have, have been working perfectly for a long time, so I was suspecting about one of the most recent ones.

I use OvGME, so I disabled (again) all of them in order to repair my DCS and forget about the ones I suspected of. Somehow, when disabling them, several messages announcing problems appear. I went to the logs and most messages were about folders and files that couldn't have been deleted. I deleted all of the remaining undesired files, cleaned up and repaired again. And again, it worked. GBUs drop normally again.

By now I'm sure it is a problem of my MODS, but, as said before, most of them have been installed for a long time without problems. And besides the fact that I like them very much, several of my missions depend on them, so I'm not giving up. I want to find which one is causing me troubles.

I decided to enable again just the most trusted ones. Barthek's caucasus, Massun92-asset pack, civil aircraft mode, and military aircraft mod. Ok. When enabling them (once again), I noticed three of them make a warning. It seems they have a lua file entering in conflict those are: Massun92 / Civil Aircraft and Military aircraft. I don't understand, those three have been at least 6 months installed without any problem. I don't get why now it seems to be a conflict with some overlapping file.

Here is my list of MODS. Most of them are currently disabled:

-A-4E-C Skyhawk (enabled and working fine)
-Civil Aircraft Mod (Disabled/conflict)
-Military Aircraft Mod (Disabled/conflict)
-Iron Dome (Disabled for a while, so it's not the problem)
-Massun92-asset pack (enabled and working fine) (Conflict)
-Tacview (enabled and working fine)
-Barthek's Caucasus Redone 2022- rev2 (enabled and working fine)
-Barthek's Caucasus Redone- snowless winter (enabled and working fine)
-All the F-16 SUFA and weaponry (first to uninstall and still wasn't working) (Disabled for a while, so it's not the problem)
-TAZ1004_NVG (enabled and working fine)
-SAM-Pack_S300_Series_02 (Disabled for a while, so it's not the problem)
-SAMSitesAssetPackBeta19 (Disabled for a while, so it's not the problem)
-VPC-Airfield_Equipment (Disabled for a while, so it's not the problem)
-Reshade (enabled and working fine)
-F-16 Louder cockpit v.1.0 (this is the one I was suspecting of, but now I'm not sure at all)

Do any of you know why those three enter in conflict, or if there's any solution to it? (like changing the names of the conflicting files or something like that?): Anyone had problems with one or more of those mods? Any ideas of what should I do?

Thanks to all in advance!

conflict.jpg

Those mods goes into Saved Games, and should not really interfere with the core installation, (but they might), and they should all reside in individual folders.
So when you get errors like that, there's something wrong in the zip regarding where they go. Only time I get those errors, I have made a mistake when packaging a mod, or have copied things manually to the wrong folder.
Also a repair won't touch Saved Games, hence not removing any potential manual errors. So, remove all mods through OvGME, and manually empty the Samed Games mods folders.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hace 10 horas, MAXsenna dijo:

Those mods goes into Saved Games, and should not really interfere with the core installation, (but they might), and they should all reside in individual folders.
So when you get errors like that, there's something wrong in the zip regarding where they go. Only time I get those errors, I have made a mistake when packaging a mod, or have copied things manually to the wrong folder.
Also a repair won't touch Saved Games, hence not removing any potential manual errors. So, remove all mods through OvGME, and manually empty the Samed Games mods folders.

Cheers!

Thing is, now that you said it, some of those MODS go in the Saved Games, others go in the real DCS game folder. I used to use OvGM only for managing the latter. But because some problem I had with one specific MOD, someone told me they used OvGM for ALL their MODS, so I created a second config for the ones in Saved Games, hence creating a new folder for all of them. And around that date I started having problems with my weapons. I have to investigate it further but you, sir, may have given me the reason why this is happening!

Thanks, man!

Thing is, now that you said it, some of those MODS go in the Saved Games, others go in the real DCS game folder. I used to use OvGM only for managing the latter. But because some problem I had with one specific MOD, someone told me they used OvGM for ALL their MODS, so I created a second config for the ones in Saved Games, hence creating a new folder for all of them. And around that date I started having problems with my weapons. I have to investigate it further but you, sir, may have given me the reason why this is happening!

Thanks, man!
Apologies! I was not clear I can see that now. Of course, from your list, you have a mix of core and Saved Games mods. But from the screenshot, only Saved Games, which I was referring to. Silly me. Hehe

I also have several configs for both in Open Mod Manager, OvGME's successor, same developer. (No reason to switch unless you want to).
And I use it to easily see what mods I have, so I don't have to manually check in the file explorer, and it's easier to track versions. Which makes be able to easily disable mods in Saved Games that stops working from time to time.

Anyway, I cross fingers that you solve this.

Cheers!

Well, it seems somehow there were some folders duplicated and things were probably conflicting. Right now, after some serious cleaning, it seems everything is working. Problem is, everytime it works at the beginning, and 4 days later it doesn't, but let's hope now it will do.

Thanks @MAXsenna and @Morpheus for helping. Actually you gave me the hint to find the problem!

• Like 2