Radar Phase 2 update

Beamscanner

• 2 weeks later...

I have nothing much to add, but just wanted to thank beamscanner for this absolutely INCREDIBLE read. Being able to read such well researched, high effort and detailed information on modern fighter radars for free is amazing.

Despite what people think, nothing on an F15, or any fighter, is magic (although high frequency RF sure gets close in my book, give me vortex flow fields anyday). Physics still exists. If you're determined enough and dig for the available information, have the requisite time and equations, and are knowledgeable enough on the subjects required, you can do some pretty cool reverse engineering 🙂

Beamscanner is a legend 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone has had time to test the new radar changes at all? Curious to know preliminary results. Unfortunately I will have very limited time this weekend to test anything.

EDIT:
So just tested it for a couple of hours and its amazing, you could be having a clear picture ahead and all of a sudden narrowing down the scan bar and azimuth you could picking a fighter real far away. Also far away target tracks in HI PRF start to fade when they enter a simple notch while in the same situation a MED PRF seems to provide a generally more stable track.

So far i have not seen any false returns in any situation, neither very low at HI or MED PRF, so that might be coming later. I want to test yet if close far away contacts are resolved as one hit and if RAID mode makes any difference.

So far so good, lots of testing yet to be done but it "feels" less canned and realistic than before, no more i cannot detect you at 45nm but at 44.9nm i will detect you perfectly fine, it feels so much more dynamic now.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

So something i wanna understand (been reading for some time now into radar theory to understand most of the concepts) is the pulse intregation schemes between HPRF and MPRF. 

What's the reasoning for HPRF using less CPI's and not using binary integration vs HPRF with uses much more and but only effectively requiring 3 detections out of 8 with binary integration? Could never really find an answer on this. 

• 3 weeks later...

MPRF does 3/8 and going of very distant memory it is required due to multiple doppler bands being eclipsed as well as resolving other ambiguity, but again ... don't quote me on that.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda