Spitfire view problems

munckton

Hi,

I have downloaded the spitfire 2 week try before you buy. I have setup my TM T.160000 joystick and throttle. I have assigned it to the controller options and everything works correctly, except for the in cockpit views. I have assigned my hat switch to view up SOWLY, as with all the other up down......Views. problem is that when in the sim everything snaps to the next view. I have tried reassigning to the throttle hats switch but to no avail. my keyboard number pad works great for the slow panning, but that defies the purpose of having a joystick/throttle. can this be rectified without having a computer programming degree, or should i forget about buying the spitfire

Regards

Welcome to DCS 👍

When you get a new module it’s a good idea to just clear all the control assignments. It sounds like you have multiple commands bound to the same button. Just select Clear Category under your joystick or controller. The axis assignment category tends to be correctly preassigned although you still should check those too. 

• Like 1

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 4090 OC | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Welcome mate.

…not to mention this is the bugs section specific to the Channel map, it'd be better on the Spitfire module section (not bugs, though…).

Aside from clearing all the default settings as they don't usually work well, as suggested by the previous fella, if the key works for you the way it should it's as easy as making sure you assign that very same key to the joystick button you plan to use. If it doesn't work, you more probably than not have doubled assignments to the same action, also as suggested previously. When in controls setup page, if you push whatever joystick button, key, or whatever, it lights up and brings you to the place telling you what's currently assigned to that key-button, so check if there's any doubled key-button. It's pretty visual on the full list.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice