O n theFA18 C my elevators start at 12-14 degrees and they won’t go all they way down past 0 please help

On theFA18 C my elevators start at 12-14 degrees and they won’t go all they way down past 0. I use an x55 hotas. I am starting from parking hot. When I push down on the stick, they only go down to 3 degrees. But won’t go down past 0.

3 minutes ago, Smallard said:

On theFA18 C my elevators start at 12-14 degrees and they won’t go all they way down past 0. I use an x55 hotas. I am starting from parking hot. When I push down on the stick, they only go down to 3 degrees. But won’t go down past 0.

12-14 degrees is the takeoff position. If you want them to go to 0, put flaps to half or full and then trim nose down.

1 minute ago, Smallard said:

How do I trim down? Or where is the button or wheel. 

Please excuse me if this is 'Teaching grandmother to suck eggs', as I don't know your experience level within the game.

To trim down you have to map the trim direction (left, right, houses get bigger, houses get smaller) to a hat on your joystick, or know the keyboard combo for trim. Once you've set a joystick hat as a trimmer, you can then operate trim using that hat switch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1