Will Jester II be a grown up ?

Extranajero

On 10/30/2023 at 3:56 PM, rfxcasey said:

"How much fuel do you want TO TAKE on." Normal human speaking would sound more like 'wanna take on' or 'want ta take on' not the over enunciated steppy "Want... To... Take... On?

It's a problem with the current one, only less noticeable, because there's fewer places for it to happen. This can be mitigated, but is difficult to eliminate completely. Default DCS JTAC has the same awkward pauses, for example.

I expect that HB will continue tweaking the sound files and the way they're blended together. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

It's a problem with the current one, only less noticeable, because there's fewer places for it to happen. This can be mitigated, but is difficult to eliminate completely. Default DCS JTAC has the same awkward pauses, for example.

I expect that HB will continue tweaking the sound files and the way they're blended together. 

I knew a couple guys (in the Navy) who spoke like that.  Never used contractions, always enunciated every word properly.  Extremely precise, measured diction.  It happens.

• Like 1

That's very good practice on the radio, I'd wager they have talked a lot over staticky links. A laid back Texas accent might sound cool, but if the other party is not hearing you five by five, then it might result in some important bits being lost in the static.

I've heard a story of an Army LT, an artillery observer in 'nam, who, on the radio with a Marine unit, heard something like "*static* This is Lieutenant *static* so and so...", and, as the person on the other end of the line wasn't being very reasonable, called him a jarhead and hung up. Only later did he find out he was talking to a Lieutenant Colonel. 🙂 His boss had his back so he dodged most of the fallout (and lived to tell the tale of how he got away with calling a Marine LTC a jarhead), but when he found out it was a high pucker factor moment, so to speak. I suspect speaking like this could have mitigated this somewhat. 🙂 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Raisuli said:

I knew a couple guys (in the Navy) who spoke like that.  Never used contractions, always enunciated every word properly.  Extremely precise, measured diction.  It happens.

9 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

That's very good practice on the radio, I'd wager they have talked a lot over staticky links. A laid back Texas accent might sound cool, but if the other party is not hearing you five by five, then it might result in some important bits being lost in the static.

I've heard a story of an Army LT, an artillery observer in 'nam, who, on the radio with a Marine unit, heard something like "*static* This is Lieutenant *static* so and so...", and, as the person on the other end of the line wasn't being very reasonable, called him a jarhead and hung up. Only later did he find out he was talking to a Lieutenant Colonel. 🙂 His boss had his back so he dodged most of the fallout (and lived to tell the tale of how he got away with calling a Marine LTC a jarhead), but when he found out it was a high pucker factor moment, so to speak. I suspect speaking like this could have mitigated this somewhat. 🙂 

I can see that, but Jester is a 🤪 goofball/comedian half of the time, so it's nice to see him take things seriously when it really counts.😆

Edited by rfxcasey