Any chance to get a "Terrain" filter in the User Files?

S3ntry

With all the new and upcoming maps it gets increasingly difficult to find missions and such in the User Files. And while the whole User Files should be reworked, especially the search function, it would be great to get at least a filter for the terrains, similar to the one for units for now.

Any chance we can see something like this? It would make searching for a specific terrain so much easier. Because when I search for "Sinai" e.g., there are currently 50 files, half of which are skins and even some missions for Caucasus...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, S3ntry said:

half of which are skins and even some missions for Caucasus...

that’s why this kind of request are hard to fulfill : the current information that each file entry has, does not include the map the file is meant for .. ED could add the filter, but without a field on each entry telling the map it uses, it would be pointless.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

That is true. I didn't think about that @Rudel_chw. Thank you!

But then there should definitely be a general overhaul of the User Files to include these kind of information. This would be great for all of us DCS players. Maybe a field where you put in either the specific terrain or not limited to one terrain/other for skins and such.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 7/4/2023 at 8:30 AM, BIGNEWY said:

We will ask the team about this. 

Thank you @BIGNEWY, for wish granted, now we can specify the terrain when filtering the user files:

lCDUWJu.jpg

The number of files illustrate that not many people know about this new field yet, so I want to urge all mission developers, to go edit their files and add the correct value for this Map field, this way more users are likely to find those files you share 👍

A nice touch is the map icon added to the "My Files" screen, so that one can easily see which of my files lack this attribute:

QJzc9pO.jpg

@BIGNEWY Can you please suggest the team to have the map list ordered, on the File Edit dialog?  ... on the Filter section they are ordered A-Z like shown on the top pic, but on the Edit screen they show up like this:

PZ5Hka4.jpg

Thanks a lot, this will be a great improvement on the search facility, but of course only if the file owners take the time to update their file 🙂 

Best regards and thanks to whoever implemented it.

Eduardo

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team
27 minutes ago, S3ntry said:

Thanks @BIGNEWY!!! This is truly amazing. We just have to let everyone know, to update their files accordingly

you are welcome, thanks for being patient 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2