Su-17

mastershotgun

Hi there,

You are asking the wrong dev., it was "OctopusG", not Magnitude 3 LLC that posted pictures of a Su-17/-22 😉

Considering that the module doesn't even have it's own subforum yet, I expect it to be a good couple of years away. Nothing to worry about though, once it's out, I'm sure that it'll be up to the standard.

Cheers!

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

24 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

Hi there,

You are asking the wrong dev., it was "OctopusG", not Magnitude 3 LLC that posted pictures of a Su-17/-22 😉

Considering that the module doesn't even have it's own subforum yet, I expect it to be a good couple of years away. Nothing to worry about though, once it's out, I'm sure that it'll be up to the standard.

Cheers!

Meanwhile a Su-17 was show on a video by Octopus-G (no a official module yet), SVKSniper working on a Su-22M4 project with expected move on a future as official module with M3.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Meanwhile a Su-17 was show on a video by Octopus-G (no a official module yet), SVKSniper working on a Su-22M4 project with expected move on a future as official module with M3.

Nice! I remember seeing it as being a mod, but wasn't aware that this might turn into a full-fledged module! In that case, I suppose two different models of roughly the same aircraft are currently in production! 👍

For clarity:

- OctopusG would appear to be making an earlier variant of a Su-17/-22 based on the cockpit images.

- AviaStorm (if it takes on the project), seems to be making pretty much the last complete interation of a Su-17M4 (Su-22M4 for export). It would be most modern one.

Good stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

Nice! I remember seeing it as being a mod, but wasn't aware that this might turn into a full-fledged module! In that case, I suppose two different models of roughly the same aircraft are currently in production! 👍

For clarity:

- OctopusG would appear to be making an earlier variant of a Su-17/-22 based on the cockpit images.

- AviaStorm (if it takes on the project), seems to be making pretty much the last complete interation of a Su-17M4 (Su-22M4 for export). It would be most modern one.

Good stuff!

It is not the first time that a mod becomes a module for DCS World, there are examples such as the MB-339A from IndiaFoxEcho and the C-130 from Air Plane Simulation Company. AviaStorm by now, not confirmed nothing.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Silver_Dragon said:

AviaStorm by now, not confirmed nothing.

AviaStorm/SVK-version 👍

I have to admit though, it seems that the project is very much dependent on what AviaStorm ultimately decides on. I don't really see such a complex aircraft be produced to a higher standard than a mod by one person. Considering that in the ever updating virtual world, you'd have more bugs introduced with each update than you'd be able to fix. Then comes the actual coding. Consider that Leatherneck back in the day was an actual team (all the internal affairs aside), and MiG-21Bis still had to be rebuilt pre-launch, as graphics and certain systems turned out to be obsolete by the time the module was ready.

Speculation aside, let's wait and see. However it would be a lucrative contract for AviaStorm for sure!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

34 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

AviaStorm/SVK-version 👍

I have to admit though, it seems that the project is very much dependent on what AviaStorm ultimately decides on. I don't really see such a complex aircraft be produced to a higher standard than a mod by one person. Considering that in the ever updating virtual world, you'd have more bugs introduced with each update than you'd be able to fix. Then comes the actual coding. Consider that Leatherneck back in the day was an actual team (all the internal affairs aside), and MiG-21Bis still had to be rebuilt pre-launch, as graphics and certain systems turned out to be obsolete by the time the module was ready.

Speculation aside, let's wait and see. However it would be a lucrative contract for AviaStorm for sure!

Sources? can put a link with AviaStorm has any official conection about the Su-17 project of SVK?

About M3 (old Leatherneck), not sure what intent explain here, a actual official 3rd party with working on 2 modules on DCS (F4-1U + pacific assets pack and F-8).

On 6/20/2023 at 2:17 PM, Silver_Dragon said:

Sources? can put a link with AviaStorm has any official conection about the Su-17 project of SVK?

About M3 (old Leatherneck), not sure what intent explain here, a actual official 3rd party with working on 2 modules on DCS (F4-1U + pacific assets pack and F-8).

I guess you misunderstood me. Here is a part of what SVK wrote in his second-last response in the aforementioned thread:

"... And finally, let me give you one small (but of great importance to me) surprise. I have joined team AviaStorm!  Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned for news! ..."

I understand it such that he will try to push for having the Su-17M4 (Su-22M4) developed under AviaStorm. Nothing is confirmed, but I infer that is precisely what he is referring to with the above.

Again, I suppose you misunderstood my point. I´m stating that if Su-17M4 (Su-22M4) remains his project alone, I cannot see it becoming anything more than a mod. It would take a whole team to be able to model such an aircraft. Therefore, until the project is developed by one of the developer-teams within the realm of DCS, I take it as nothing more than a pure mod.

Edited by zerO_crash
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

15 minutes ago, zerO_crash said:

I guess you misunderstood me. Here is a part of what SVK wrote in his second-last response in the aforementioned thread:

"... And finally, let me give you one small (but of great importance to me) surprise. I have joined team AviaStorm!  Keep your fingers crossed and stay tuned for news! ..."

I understand it such that he will try to push for having the Su-17M4 (Su-22M4) developed under AviaStorm. Nothing is confirmed, but I infer that is precisely what he is referring to with the above.

Again, I guess you misunderstood my point. I´m stating that if Su-17M4 (Su-22M4) remains his project alone, I cannot see it becoming anything more than a mod. It would take a whole team to be able to model such an aircraft. Therefore, until the project is developed by one of the developer teams within the realm of DCS, I take it as nothing more than a pure mod.

Thanks, Removing SVK project from roadmap.

• Like 1