Throttle Curve for the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Talvid

Hello all,

I have noticed that the default throttle axis curve, when using the Thrustmaster Warthog Hands On Throttle And Stick, causes the afterburner to just start engaging when the controller is against the first set of stops ( just before the fingerlift into the afterburner range)  I have tested and come up with this throttle curve that I think is ideal because it brings the nozzle percentage just into full Military power at the first stops, and just a little further the fingerlifts engage and the burner kicks in.  Try it and see if you like it.  No more flying around unknowingly with the burner lit!

(if you are unable to see my attached image.  The axis tuning I use is:  Slider-checked, Invert-unchecked, User Curve-checked.  and From left to right the values: 0,15,30,43,52,60,68,76,84,92,100 )  I hope you other TW Warthog HOTAS users find this ideal for your MiG-29 setup. 

For other controllers I'm sure your axis values can be tweaked to make a nice smooth curve.  What I do is set the throttles just before the burner kicks in, then open the controls settings, check the black box location on the throttle axis curve, and adjust the values until the black box is in the same place when your controller axis is pushed up to the mil-power stops. 

(Please do not use the black box position in my attached image as a cue or reference for where the afterburner engages.  I may not have necessarily had my Throttle to the mil-power stops when I took this screenshot)

Thanks for reading.  

MiG-29 Throttle Curve.png

Edited by Iceman555
added helpful info

VR rig - stinkin' cool!

6 hours ago, Iceman555 said:

I have tested and come up with this throttle curve that I think is ideal because it brings the nozzle percentage just into full Military power at the first stops, and just a little further the fingerlifts engage and the burner kicks in.

All fine but why have it non-linear before the AB gate?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 6/21/2023 at 1:21 AM, draconus said:

All fine but why have it non-linear before the AB gate?

I have the pre-AB segment about as linear as I can get it,  and the AB doesn't kick in at the mil- power gate.   I'm happy with it. 

Edited by Iceman555

VR rig - stinkin' cool!