M14: How? (spoilers)

Go to solution Solved by baltic_dragon,

Mission 14.. I know there are DCS bugs (e.g. SA page doesn't show Clementine flight), but without using the F10 map, how are you supposed to know the flight path that Clementine will take? Further, how are you supposed to know where to look or what to look for?

I love the entire campaign but this mission is a bit ridiculous in terms of its expectations of the pilot. I never use F10 - my assumption is that nobody would be expected to, that you should be able to conduct the whole flight based off the briefing and real-time information that comes through comms - but it seems like the only way to pass this mission is to see Clementine's flight path by using F10, fly it, and hope to get lucky spotting something along/around it with FLIR.

Maybe it's bugged but Clementine always calls out a AAA and then immediately gets smoked, and I get a mission fail.

Edited by machone

• Solution

Turn the labels (even as dots) on, that will help with seeing the Clementines. I know I know this mission by heart, but DCS has its limitations. Because of these I would assume people will be using F10 map, otherwise many missions would get ridiculously difficult without live comms ability... from my perspective there is really nothing that can be done apart from removing the only threat there is to Clementine on the way. 

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png