F15E module install closes game

I have tried more than a few times now to install the module from inside the game. And even though it says, that the module is paid for and gives me the install option, all it does is close DCS and then nothing. No error no nothing.

here is an error code i found in the logs. 

2023-06-22 19:34:54.285 ALERT   EDCORE (Main): Launching process 'bin/dcs_updater.exe' failed with error code 740, command line: --run --waitpid 42296 install  RAZBAM_F-15E, current directory: .

Edited by Sirbum
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Munkwolf said:

Did you update to the latest version before attempting to install? Having to download the latest updater then it working points to that. I just installed the module with no problems after updating.

Yes, It was updated before I even bought the Plane. Something happened that messed up one of the files. Soon as I replaced the updater file it downloaded just fine.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:06 PM, Sirbum said:

I have tried more than a few times now to install the module from inside the game. And even though it says, that the module is paid for and gives me the install option, all it does is close DCS and then nothing. No error no nothing.

here is an error code i found in the logs. 

2023-06-22 19:34:54.285 ALERT   EDCORE (Main): Launching process 'bin/dcs_updater.exe' failed with error code 740, command line: --run --waitpid 42296 install  RAZBAM_F-15E, current directory: .

I have the same issue. Not only with F15E but with every new Module (in my case some new campaigns and the Sinai Map). Stupid question maybe, but where did you get the updater.exe from?

Edit: Found it. All it took was a little googling. Sorry for that. For everyone else who is as dumm as me: http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

Edited by Droggelkelch
  • Like 1