Cockpit is too bright

VVanks

In all the picture's I've seen, the Lomac cockpits are too bright. As in they seem to be lighted all over the place. I'm not saying they're not great, but to add more realism, maybe add real time shadows to your cockpit? That'll rock!

And make the hud text glow a little, same with the MFD box. They should glow.

I often think the other way around, but I seldom fly at "12.00" without clouds... 8 out of 10 times I will have to use cockpit lights to be able to read the dials flawlessly independent of wich way I fly.

And even if I do fly at 12.00, my cockpit changes lightning a little depending on wich way I fly, maybe not realtime. But it changes. But then again, if it was realtime... That would hog even more fps!

So I don't know, maybe you have your screen to bright, or I have mine set too dark? It's a little like every screen have a different way of showing colors, brightness and so. They work the same way, but they have all different settings so to say. It's a bit hard, so I don't think it's software related 'cause I don't have a very bright cockpit.

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

Vvanks, now think of the performance with real time shadows in cockpits... As more than 50% of flyers, as i know, have something slower than x800pro, would be meanly to do this...On the other hand, for those about to rock, yes....... Switchable 3d shadows would be fine... Though i dont think that u would always have them on. (another question: Arent there 3d shadows in cockpits now?) :)

I actually like the way the cockpit is made. It is READABLE!

As long I'm not sitting in a real plane, but in front of monitor - I need to have advantage to read those dials.

Look at MS FS 2004 3d cockpits, you can't read a thing there.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Re: @ VVanks

VVanks, please remove your sig picture from your profile.

See http://forum.lockon.ru/viewtopic.php?t=2198 for the reason why.

Thanks.

That's fine, but can I post the ASCII art in the sig instead?

we have two main concern in the sigs policy:

1) picture file size, since many of us are sitting on slow channels

2) forums visible page space. I can't say for all, but I personally don't like UBI-like forums, because most time you will see only one or two actuals phrases in your browser frame; other is sigs, disclaimers, quotes, etc. useless stuff.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Vvanks' date=' now think of the performance with real time shadows in cockpits... As more than 50% of flyers, as i know, have something slower than x800pro, would be meanly to do this...On the other hand, for those about to rock, yes....... Switchable 3d shadows would be fine... Though i dont think that u would always have them on. (another question: Arent there 3d shadows in cockpits now?) :)[/quote']

I see the problem now. I tried real time shadows and it cuts fps by half. Add on Cockpit ones, and that's a real performance hit.

I was just thinking like Il2 cockpit shadows, where the shadows move around with the sun?