BDUs Rearm problems

Pantera93
Go to solution Solved by Pantera93,

Hi everyone!

I stumbled upon what i think it's a bug on the F15E, but I really hope I'm doing something wrong...

I like to start my jet cold and clean, so I need to rearm every time before takeoff.

Today I was on a slick bomb training schedule, so I loaded her up with BDU-50LDs.

Went to ARMT -> AG LOAD screen after rearming and assigned "MK82" to pylons. When I reached the range I found out my CDIP or AUTO directors were "STUCK". See images below, notice pipper ABOVE flight path vector and AUTO flight director way to the right:

image.png

image.png

I found that the only way to make these bombs to work is to rearm and load them up along with actual MK82s, or to have them loaded from the mission editor. If loaded with, for example, Mk84s pipper will be stuck all the same.

You will find 4 short tracks attached (Sorry, they are in Nevada map).

BDU LOADED WORKING.trk to demonstrate directors actually works when loaded from the beginning

BDU UNLOADED THEN BDU NOT WORKING.trk to demonstrate the bugged directors behaviour

BDU UNLOADED THEN BDU AND MK82 WORKING.trk to demonstrate the mk82 workaround

BDU UNLOADED THEN BDU AND MK84 NOT WORKING.trk to demonstrate that with other bombs it wont work

Any help appreciated, otherwise you should count this as a report.

Thank you!

null

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel

have experienced the same thing along with others, i've seen a couple of threads on it now, I think it is to do with rearming. When taking a jet with the unchanged ME loadout the bombfall line is as expected. if you rearm this happens, haven't tested it extensively  yet  but that's my hunch

• Thanks 1

Action After Contemplation

I have the same issue. I've noticed that when I pickle the bomb(s), the CDIP reticle moves to the correct location, while the pickle button is pressed. It does not do this consistently, and I've noticed it both with default loadouts (for example, the cold and dark nevada default mission), and when selecting my own loadouts.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Can confirm there are some logic problems with fuse selections with certain stores that will cause display symbology in the HUD to freeze or move improperly.

Is there any specifics you can give on how to fix for example the concrete bombs?

512th Virtual Tac. Ftr. Sqn. - The Dragons

3 hours ago, dotbmp said:

Is there any specifics you can give on how to fix for example the concrete bombs?

Honestly still trying to track down the root cause.  Nothing to offer at the current moment.  I tried two different maps last night, and had to different behaviors with the symbology and release results.

• Solution
On 6/26/2023 at 9:33 PM, dotbmp said:

Load your concrete bombs on any quantity and pylon, just load up at least one corresponding explosive variant on another pylon (I usually load up CFTs and external pylons with concrete and the center one with the explosive version). Then setup the A/G LOAD page in ARMT as supposed to, with the explosive version for every pylon (as the jet would start when hot and loaded from mission editor).

I found that inert bombs work this way, watch my third track for reference.

Matching as follows:

BDU-50 LD: Mk82

BDU-50 HD: Mk82 Snake Eye

BDU-50 LGB: GBU-12

Mk84 TP: Mk84 GP

I haven't tested BDU-33s, but I would try them with a Mk82.

Hope it helps for now, waiting for an official fix (by then I won't need concrete bombs anymore 🤣).

Edited by Pantera93

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel