BLU-107 Durandal too powerful.

Capn kamikaze

I've been playing with this, and it is "killing" structural/map items hundreds of feet to either side of the runway.

Due to how it works, it is meant to bury itself into the runway, about 15ft down, and then blow the runway up.

On testing it on the Nevada map on the runway at Beatty, I am seeing smoke and fire along the edges of the runway about 3-400ft away either side, especially at the northern end with the buildings.

This doesn't seem right, as most of the explosive power should be contained in the runway, and not be damaging things hundreds of feet away.

Edited by Capn kamikaze

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

ED controls weapon effects. Again, not F-15. 

That's not really true, both ED and third parties have control over it, for example the AIM-54 on the F-14, a lot of that weapons performance is determined by Heatblur, there's plenty of threads on the forums about them tweaking it.

Edited by Capn kamikaze

8 minutes ago, Capn kamikaze said:

That's not really true, both ED and third parties have control over it, for example the AIM-54 on the F-14, a lot of that weapons performance is determined by Heatblur, there's plenty of threads on the forums about them tweaking it.

I’m trying to point you in the right direction. You don’t wanna listen. That’s fine. But you are posting about it in the wrong place. 

Edited by Rainmaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capn kamikaze said:

Perhaps, but maybe not, the Durandal is only on the F-15E, so it may be theirs.

its on the Mirage F1