Tonopah Test Range ILS Rwy 14

@Minsky I accidently deleted the thread...  I loaded the A-10C II and still not able to get the ILS to function.  I did a DCS Repair and still isn't working.  I'm at a loss since yours is working.  ILS does function properly in the opposite direction.

Screen_230702_180228.jpg

Screen_230702_180234.jpg

In DCS, ILS and DB (Directional Beacons) are turned On/Off depending on the wind direction and strength. A change was requested a while ago but we have no news so far.

• Like 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

In DCS, ILS and DB (Directional Beacons) are turned On/Off depending on the wind direction and strength. A change was requested a while ago but we have no news so far.

Thanks @Flappie for the feedback, I read about that in some of the other posts I've found, this does not have an affect from the testing I've done.  Runway 32 always works, I can't get 14 to work at all, regardless of no wind, little wind or lots of wind.  @Minsky replied to my original post that was accidentally deleted by me,  had a 10knt wind down the runway and some screenshots showing it was working... my test screenshots are shown above under the same conditions, showing runway 14 not functioning. I'm stumped!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Minsky said:

Interesting... I flew the F-16 and you will see the ILS is not active.  However, when I switch to Rwy 32, it immediately goes active despite on Rwy 14 final.  I did a repair to make sure my files are not corrupted. I tried 0 kts, 5 kts & 10 kts wind directly down the runway... the ILS is not active.  If I modify the beacons.lua file to add ICLS channels, ICLS for Rwy 14 works perfectly.  Makes no sense...

Appreciate sending the .trk files, have no idea why it doesn't work on my system.

230703_NE_F16C_FCLP_001.trk

10 hours ago, Minsky said:

Sitting at 5500ft, TTR is a relatively high-altitude aerodrome. So you need to add some wind to here as well:

Screenshot - 230704 10_13_04.png

Ahh ha!.. that did it!  I really dont understand it because Rwy 32 works with zero wind as does the other ILS signals I've tired on that map.  Why Rwy 14 is different, don't have any idea.  Thank you @Minsky appreciate working through this with me.

Edited by DP Spaz
Correction to runway designation