Ships modeling and luck of information

Texture layers.

One main, one dirt skid alpha on top.

This is How I would do it.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 3 weeks later...

Making this information somewhat public: Seems the connectors for the weaponry need a special name now?

ERROR   WEAPONS (Main): Invalid connector name (POINT_127mm_1): unit type = USS Maddox, ws id=1, ln id=1, br id=1

It's not clear to me how the name for POINT_127mm_1 needs to be choosen now. @Hawkeye60 pointed me to the error, but I'm a bit stuck.

Cheers,
TeTeT

Silly me 🙂 I had not declared all connectors as such in the EDM properties of my blend file and hence the game rightfully complained. For clarity I changed the connector name(s) from POINT_127mm_1 to POINT_GUN_127mm_1_1 and such. 

On another subject: I tried to get rid of the sensor height error (not found) and added

GT.sensor = {};
GT.sensor.height = 15; -- unclear what it does

Now the game shows the error: wWeaponSystemManager (Main): rangeFindingTarget not defined!! USS Maddox, as seemingly declaring GT.sensor as empty table is not a great idea. Any way out there?

Edited by TeTeT
clarification