No ATC?

Bobstar

Without any infos about what aircraft or what keys you use, here's some generic help:

1) Make sure your radio is properly tuned to the correct frequency

2) Make sure you use the correct radio PTT button

3) The tower hasn't been bombed

4) The tower is not from the enemy fraction

Edited by razo+r

• 3 weeks later...

I have a slightly different issue with contacting ATC in WW2 aircraft. All the bases are greyed out all the time. This is in instant action missions at the moment as I've not dug into a longer campaign, but the mission briefing shows the radio frequencies of the home base etc., so why can't I contact them for vector home, landing clearance etc etc.? I can issue orders to wingmen/flight no problem. 

Thanks for any help!

28 minutes ago, burncpt said:

I have a slightly different issue with contacting ATC in WW2 aircraft. All the bases are greyed out all the time. This is in instant action missions at the moment as I've not dug into a longer campaign, but the mission briefing shows the radio frequencies of the home base etc., so why can't I contact them for vector home, landing clearance etc etc.? I can issue orders to wingmen/flight no problem. 

Thanks for any help!

WWII Aircraft usually only have preset radio channels. So make sure you have selected the correct channel, hope the mission designer has entered the correct frequency and then all you have to do is press the mic button and it should work.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, razo+r said:

WWII Aircraft usually only have preset radio channels. So make sure you have selected the correct channel, hope the mission designer has entered the correct frequency and then all you have to do is press the mic button and it should work.

By the mic button I guess it mean the key which opens the radio menu I guess? So the issue is in that case that none of these missions have the correct ATC frequencies assigned to the radio then? That seems particularly stupid and annoying since the briefing has them listed. There aren't any other radio settings in cockpit I'm missing?

1 hour ago, burncpt said:

By the mic button I guess it mean the key which opens the radio menu I guess? So the issue is in that case that none of these missions have the correct ATC frequencies assigned to the radio then? That seems particularly stupid and annoying since the briefing has them listed. There aren't any other radio settings in cockpit I'm missing?

What aircraft and which mission?

If I try for example "Start from Batumi" with the P-51, I can contact ATC just fine.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 10:50 PM, burncpt said:

Seems to be any mission set in the Channel or Normandy 2 maps. So far I've used the P-47, P-51, Spitfire and FW-190A... The Caucasus missions seem to work.

I tried it on Normandy with the P-51 and Fw-190A. In both the ATC answered just fine.

Please tell us which mission you tried or upload it here so we can check any mis-setup in the mission.