Heatblur Forge part 2?

Dannyvandelft

15 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Was watching shorts on Instagram and noticed this, maybe something to add to the random cockpit options. Green radio frequency. 1c2664f1d093dbbf0d3d737483a0702d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's likely a nightvision adapted display. There was a mod of the cockpit after the version we model that changed all the lighting in the cockpit to be suitable for use with NVGs.

That video likely shows one of those modded cockpits. I guess it's also possible they replaced a faulty old one with a new part that was modded but I don't think I've ever seen a mix of the two.

• Like 1

Don't do it, I'm almost done with my simpit

Edited by LASooner

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

12 hours ago, LASooner said:

Don't do it, I'm almost done with my simpit

If that's ever done it's much more likely to be as a complete NVG cockpit, and that wouldn't apply to all versions of the tomcat anyway.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2023 at 8:12 AM, Naquaii said:

That's likely a nightvision adapted display. There was a mod of the cockpit after the version we model that changed all the lighting in the cockpit to be suitable for use with NVGs.

That video likely shows one of those modded cockpits. I guess it's also possible they replaced a faulty old one with a new part that was modded but I don't think I've ever seen a mix of the two.

What version of the tomcat do you model? I always thought it was a 1994 F14B?

1 hour ago, Naquaii said:

If that's ever done it's much more likely to be as a complete NVG cockpit, and that wouldn't apply to all versions of the tomcat anyway.

03 Sparrowhawk ultimate swan song version. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2