Audible seeker tone after exiting C+M/SW mode

HawkEXO

After the latest patch, in the F1EE, when I exit C+M mode I can still hear the sidewinder tone even though I had my Fox1s push buttons selected.  I was carrying JULI Fox2s on the wingtip and Super530s.

There seems to be no way to turn off the tone after entering and exiting C+M mode.  I tried selecting and deselecting the Fox2 push buttons but tone persisted.  I know I was out of C+M mode because I fired Fox1s.

Sorry I don't have a track right away to post.  I will try to reproduce and upload tomorrow morning.  If I cannot reproduce, I will upload my multiplayer track from today.  I'm away from my PC but I wanted to get it on your radar early after patch release, because if I'm right it's a significant bug you'd want to patch in any subsequent bugfix patch after this big update.

Edited by HawkEXO

• HawkEXO changed the title to Audible seeker tone after exiting C+M/SW mode

Can confirm, happened also with AIM9Ps. Haven't had the chance to try the Magics if they do the same. 

I was able to at least turn off the growl, by flipping off the EXT switch. So if you are RTB, you don't have to go loco on the flight back 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

The tone issue is still present, when coming out of C+M/SW mode with the seekers locked onto something (high pitch growl) - the high pitch won't stop.

You can make it stop by going into C+M/SW again and fly the seeker outside the lock-on parameters. If you then come out of C+M/SW again, the tone will go out altogether.

Edited by Bremspropeller
  • Like 1

So ein Feuerball, JUNGE!