Petition to introduce undo+redo functionality into the DCS Mission Editor/Campaign Builder

Tally_Bandit

363300206_10159374007466722_7530011556617367550_n.jpg

Petition to introduce undo+redo functionality into the DCS Mission Editor/Campaign Builder.

Lacking UGC (user generated content) is the Achilles heal for most addon content in DCS, streamlining the creation process for builders should be priority.

New planes and terrains are useless if there's little to do with them. Not having the bare basic functionality that designers come to expect of literally every creative suite they use (Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel, Maya, 3DS Max etc all have undo/redo) is bewildering.

Working many countless hours on a mission or campaign, only to accidentally move/delete an item with no option to undo is infuriating at best, and totally demotivating at worst.

This community relies heavily on UGC, and fostering creators abilities to produce high quality content to give these modules new life should be paramount.

It's a small change, with a potentially HUGE positive impact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to my original Facebook post in Digital Combat Simulator group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DigitalCombatSimulator/permalink/6219157594876872/?comment_id=6219203378205627&notif_id=1690158631301712&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

This post currently has the most comments/interactions of any content posted to that group in the last 30 days, and shows significant community support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tally_Bandit said:

This post currently has the most comments/interactions of any content posted to that group in the last 30 days, and shows significant community support.

Make them come here and give support for this then! 😉

ED has stated on this forum that  views and comments can heavily drive up prioritisation of wishes! 🙏🏻

And this is a super one, that have been requested multiple times before! 👍🏻

+1 from me. 

Cheers! 

• ED Team

Hi, 

this feature has been requested already. 

The reality is, it is not currently possible to implement and would require a large rework on the mission editor which is not planned at this time. 

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal

Hi, 
this feature has been requested already. 
The reality is, it is not currently possible to implement and would require a large rework on the mission editor which is not planned at this time. 
thank you

Ah, I see. That's passed me by.
Thanks!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk