AWACS does not transmit datalink contacts beyond datalink range

AWACS datalink in DCS has a transmit range of about 180 NM. If the receiver is within 180 NM of the AWACS it can receive datalink contacts. But AWACS will not share any which are beyond 180 NM from itself, even though AWACS can detect them on its radar.

The attached track starts with an enemy bomber 220 NM from the AWACS. It can detect the bomber as evident by making a BRA call. But the target is not shared via datalink to the player's F-14. Only after the bomber closes to within 180 NM of the AWACS will it start to share the datalink contact with the F-14.

Datalink range should be relevant only for the distance between the AWACS and the receiver, not the distance between the AWACS and the target. AWACS should share any target which it detects with its own radar (which can be at distances up to 350 NM).

Datalink.trk

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi @MBot. Sorry for not reviewing your thread sooner. Your track does not work anymore so I made my own, and what I see looks worse than what you described last summer: an E-3A only sends my Tomcat what's less than 100 nm away from him.

Am I doing something wrong?

E3A and F-14B.trk

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.