Game crash constantly after 5/15min max (OB)

Mav783
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

Hi,

Since the last update i simply can not play DCS... (Open Beta) in multiplayer. The game crash all the times without exeption. what ever the module i'm using. I can stay connected like 10/15min with the F-15E, less than 5 with the JF-17, same for the M2000C. 

The game crash for unkown reason, but it seem much of the time when changing the view (F10, F1, F2). It's absolutly unplayable and it's the first time i see DCS this deeply affected. Last week it was working like a charm. It's not understandable for me.

My Nvidia drivers are up to date. I also tryed to launch DCS in normal and multi-threading. I made a full (slow) 
repair of DCS. I deleated all the mods and also the metashaders folder. Nothing change.

The crash aslo prevents me to send any clean DCS.log since it dont permit to the DCS Failure Windows to stay open...

I send here a DCS.log in txt but not sure it can be helpfull and may be corrupted (it look ok and full but i d'ont know how to read those files XD).

Thanks in advance for your help 😉

++

dcs.log

Edited by Mav783

• Solution

Hi. Nowadays, DCS needs about 50GB to run a multiplayer game with medium to high graphics, on detailed maps such as Syria.

Your PC has a 6 GB pagefile, and 32 GB of RAM. Near the end of your log, DCS explicitly writes it lacks memory to perform its tasks.

You have three different ways to fix it:

• Buy more RAM (you need a total of 64GB).
  • Lower your graphic settings and preload radius.
  • Set a bigger pagefile, and ensure it is stored on your fastest drive. Here's a guide. Choose this value for both init size and max size: 32768 (32GB). Make sure your drives have at least 50GB of free space.
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hi Flappie ! Thanks i wil try all this.

But i'm playing DCS since 3 years with the same computer and never met those crash before, i fly on Syria since it was released 😞

Anyway, i will give a look and give a try for the a pagefile with 32Go, thanks for your help 😉

EDIT : the pagefile fix sized to 32Go on the SSD where DCS OB is installed seem fixing the issue Flappie ! Big thank to you 🙂

No understanding why the issue didn't show up sooner during the year. But it seem good, 1h30 of flying without crashing.

Edited by Mav783
  • Like 1

You're welcome. 🙂

Your PC may have been unchanged, still DCS changes constantly. Many new effetcs have been added (clouds or the ever changing surface of the sea, for instance). Sometimes there are memory leaks, sometimes there are new, more detailed textures...

Please post back here if you get another CTD in the upcoming weeks.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.