Comms not working properly in MP

sirrah

Sorry if reported before (couldn't find a bug report yet).

If this is only a problem on my side, please let me know.

I notice that my radios ain't working properly when playing MP (on the 4YA servers). For instance, when contacting ATC:

• MIC switch on
  • Correct freq
  • Volume max
  • Use correct (PRI/AUX) transmit switch and request taxi

I don't hear my own "voice", I don't hear ATC reply and no text is shown on the left upper corner of my screen, yet the radio menu does advance (request take-off becomes available)

This happens both for hot start and cold start slots.

No issues whatsoever when playing SP

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Due to an awful lack of DCS playtime lately 😢, I haven't really taken the time yet to figure out where to download and how to install VAICOM since it went open source.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

36 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Due to an awful lack of DCS playtime lately 😢, I haven't really taken the time yet to figure out where to download and how to install VAICOM since it went open source.

Ouch! We cannot have that!!! Here you go! Just download the zip, open and copy/overwrite the dll under the VAICOM folder in VoiceAttack. Start VA, open the control panel, click reload and do the "Finish" step in the Keywords Editor.

https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community/releases/tag/v2.8.5.0

Do you use VSPX? If yes, the Finish" step won't really work. But beep me and I'll provide an older DLL as a work around.

Cheers!

Edited by MAXsenna
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Ouch! We cannot have that!!! Here you go! Just download the zip, open and copy/overwrite the dll under the VAICOM folder in VoiceAttack. Start VA, open the control panel, click reload and do the "Finish" step in the Keywords Editor.

https://github.com/Penecruz/VAICOMPRO-Community/releases/tag/v2.8.5.0

Do you use VSPX? If yes, the Finish" step won't really work. But beep me and I'll provide an older DLL as a work around.

Cheers!

Wow, you're a li... eh.. well.. time saver! :thumbup:

Still, RAZBAM: it would be nice if you could fix this bug

(for what all this is worth, because I'm under the impression they never visit this forum)

• Like 1

System specs: