DCS OpenBeta Not Opening in VR Mode with OpenXR.

OLLORTHEBARBARIN

So im having some troubles getting dcs to open in vr mode. It will open in desktop just fine. The link below is the clossest issues I've been able to find to mine just to give an idea what I've been dealing with.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/328037-solved-open-beta-not-starting-in-openxr-when-ultraleap-gemini-software-is-installed-with-openxr-support-enabled/#comment-5238289

Attached my dcs log file for you to check out.

Appreciate any info you can give me, and thanks for taking some time out of your day to give me a hand.

dcs.log

Not enough information.

If you want our help, you should show us what VR hardware you are using. How's the VR-setting. What kind of problems shows the issue report you receive?

And many more to show us.

Should we guess what you did or didn't to help you to fix your issue?

Is that your first VR time?

What about your DCS app-settings (shortcut:  --force_enable_VR)? Do you use them (look underneath)

What VR-HS you are using?

And many more questions.

Without the missing information from your VR-hardware and the settings, you give us a really hard time to help you. 😉

nullimage.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

There's no need to be snarky, this is my first time asking a question on here my bad.

"Should we guess what you did or didn't to help you to fix your issue?": If I knew exactly what to test I would. The error code leaves little to the imagination and does nothing to explain where to actually start to look for a problem. I have tried disabling all peripheral devices besides the headset and controllers itself. I updated all drivers, devices, and anything that would be related to VR.

"Is that your first VR time?": I have been using VR for over 4 years now and have never come across an issue like this before hence my reaching out to this forum for help.

"What VR-HS you are using?": HP Reverb 2, if you looked at the article attached it also mentioned using the HP Reverb 2 which is why I linked the article saying I was having the exact same problem but without the UltraLeap device.

"What about your DCS app-settings (shortcut:  --force_enable_VR)?": Do you use them (look underneath)": Again this was covered in the article I linked as I again said I was having the exact same issue as that poster. Here is the screenshot of my file path.

Screenshot 2023-08-05 172539.png

Just bumping this as I spotted it and thought maybe someone may be able to help you out, while welcoming you to the forum o course.

I’ve no idea what I’m doing half the time and have been helped right out of the doo-doo here so maybe you will be too. I’m not a VR user so won’t even begin to try myself, other than giving it a bump. Good luck with it.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:10 AM, Slippa said:

I just remembered. You could open a support ticket? I have before, when others tried to help but were at a loose end. They still helped too.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Thank you Slippa I got a ticket started and they got back quickly  no fix yet but there trying  and with my luck it is a new one they haven't got any tickets on yet. 

Thanks again,

OLLOR  

I

• Like 1

Having a somewhat similar issue last few days.

I think its my antivirus blocking loading into VR.

It seems to be scanning a long time and does not load into the main hangar menu.

If I end the scanning task a couple of times while loading and defender starts up it goes to the hangar.

Maybe it helps

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, a couple updates ago I started getting crashes with my G2 opening in VR mode. Usually if I try a second time, it works. It's annoying, but once it's running I have zero issues. Using MT binary, and opening in non-vr is fine.