MFD in VR hard to recognize something?

Hi!

I use Winwing MFDs when i play 2D and encountered today after i received my stick in lenses for my Pimax 8KX that the MFD in VR looks realy not good. It is hard (Caucasus map with Bartheks Mod) to identify any vehicles on the mfd. WH/BH doesnt matter. It stays questionable. Tried again today in 2D with winwing and it was way better to identify targets (Enemy within 3.0 M5 only to say it).

Is this normal or did is set something wrong in VR?

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

• Eisprinzessin changed the title to MFD in VR hard to recognize something?
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2023 at 2:50 AM, Eisprinzessin said:

Hi!

I use Winwing MFDs when i play 2D and encountered today after i received my stick in lenses for my Pimax 8KX that the MFD in VR looks realy not good. It is hard (Caucasus map with Bartheks Mod) to identify any vehicles on the mfd. WH/BH doesnt matter. It stays questionable. Tried again today in 2D with winwing and it was way better to identify targets (Enemy within 3.0 M5 only to say it).

Is this normal or did is set something wrong in VR?

This was my biggest complaint with the Pimax 8Kx when I first got it; I have since have a lot more. I searched and searched for an answer on MFD resolution but the best solution I found was adjusting the cockpit camera extremely close to at least get a little better clarity; without messing up the view of the HUD symbology. I thought “well it just how it is in VR 🤷‍♂️“ but I hate to say this but it is the Pimax 8kx itself.

I ended up having so many issue with the Pimax I abandoned it and switched the Aero. Very first thing that I saw was the MFD clarity of display.. WOW. I had not adjusted or changed any setting from the Pimax either. I know the Aero DFR was a big component of that and unfortunately without eye tracking not sure what the solution to the 8kx is. Hopefully you bought yours on the 12k upgrade promo special. 

Sorry I don’t have any good news/solutions from my experiences. 

Cheers 🍻

Corsair 5000D Black - i913900KS 24 core 3.2GHz - ASUS Z790 Hero DDR5 - 64GB Dominator DDR5 - iCUE H150i Liquid Cooler - QL iCUE Fans- PNY 24GB RTX4090 - 2TB 990 Pro - 2TB 980 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS/Throttle and TRP Pedals - Cougars MFD - Total Controls MFBB - TEK AHCP - Trak Racer TR8 Pro cockpit and a frustrating Pimax 8kx Varjo Aero.... "So I commandeered the police car and was giving people rides in it for $80… I don't call it a drinking problem; I call it a 'making to much money' problem"--Jungle Recon