NWS button is sometimes a toggle, other times it is not

Moxica
Go to solution Solved by Archer.xd,

What are the conditions for these variants?
I can not control this atm. As in; most of the times, I turn it on, but I can not turn it off again.
This is when I taxi on a carrier.

Edited by Moxica

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• Solution

You can toggle NWS on/off as usual. (UnDesg/NWS switch to engage - paddle to disengage)
And normally for NWS HI you hold down the NWS switch. But if your wings are folded, this becomes a toggle. Meaning you can toggle NWS HI by short-pressing NWS switch once. Disengaging NWS is same, you need to use paddle switch for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NWS Engage is usually the Pinky button,
If NWS is Dis-Engaged, it Engages
if NWS is already Engaged and Wings Extended, it becomes Press and Hold Hi Gain Toggle.
if NWS is already Engaged and Wings Folded, it becomes On/Off Toggle for Hi/Lo Gain.

NWS Dis-Engage is usually the Paddle Switch.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Thx, guys. Sorry, I missed an important detail; This is the NWS Hi mode I'm talking about..

(I knew it was a mistake to designate the paddle as modifier)

Edited by Moxica
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B550-E GAMING - PNY GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming VERTO EPIC-X  - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 64Gb RAM - 2x2Tb M2 - Win11 - HP Reverb g2 - Oculus Quest 2 - Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - 2X Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

• 1 month later...

A typical taxi to cat I pinky twice. First turns on NWS, second makes it 'HI'. I notice that it isn't just wings down that will turn off 'HI' it is wings 'LOCKED' that does it. I discovered that because I move wings down soon after I start rolling and usually taxi all the way to the cat and stop, then 'LOCK' the wings. But one time I hit lock 2/3 of the way to the cat and bang, 'HI' went off. So then I had to hold the pinky button to keep 'HI' active.