Mission 6, Wingman never attacks the targets

First of all, thank you for this immersive and realistic campaign. 

I have a problem with mission 6. After ordering my wingman to attack the targets, he keeps following me and never attacks. I've repeated the mission several times and I still have the same issue.

I see the same problem in mission 7.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2023 at 8:57 AM, Chacal_IX said:

First of all, thank you for this immersive and realistic campaign. 

I have a problem with mission 6. After ordering my wingman to attack the targets, he keeps following me and never attacks. I've repeated the mission several times and I still have the same issue.

I see the same problem in mission 7.

Sorry for the delay in replying, been away on holiday for the last week.  Thanks for the kind words, I'll check the mission see if anything is going on and report back.  Can you please confirm if you're on stable/CB and single or multi-thread.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Ok thanks, I'm assuming from what you said that in mission 6 Chief never stops following you and never enters his holding position on cover?  I couldn't recreate but I believe this a bug present in multi threading (which of course is still a test branch), we (the campaign devs) are finding that in the MT version certain flags are getting skipped at times - we're working with ED to fix it.  You will still be able to complete the mission if this bug occurs.  I would also suggest trying the single threaded version, although I know this is not ideal for some.

Edited by ChillNG
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

I've just tested it on ST and the result is the same. 

Ok I'll have to retest my end and see if I can replicate.  Are you running any mods at all?

UPDATE:

Have just re ran the mission and all worked ok my end, Chief broke off from my wing, went into a hold pattern and on my instruction hit 4 tanks in sequence with his GBUs.  Do you use TACVIEW at all?  Would be helpful to view the TACVIEW playback if possible and look for any clues.  

Edited by ChillNG

• 2 months later...

I just had the same issues (2.9 OB MT). Ordered him to attack the tanks, and he just stayed in formations with me. Last time I flew this (2.8 OB MT) he did his thing just fine. The only difference was this time I did destroy two of the tanks myself using the LMAVs I’m guessing this could be the issue?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

4 hours ago, zildac said:

I just had the same issues (2.9 OB MT). Ordered him to attack the tanks, and he just stayed in formations with me. Last time I flew this (2.8 OB MT) he did his thing just fine. The only difference was this time I did destroy two of the tanks myself using the LMAVs I’m guessing this could be the issue?

No that shouldn't make a difference, it's probably the issue above still rearing it's head but I'll do some more checks and see what I can see.

No that shouldn't make a difference, it's probably the issue above still rearing it's head but I'll do some more checks and see what I can see.
Thanks. Going to try again shortly. Definitely worked at least twice in 2.8

BTW Fantastic campaign!!

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

7 hours ago, Critter said:

I played this mission 3 times yesterday and am having the same issue, Chief will not attack any targets when I tell him to engage. Still able to complete the mission but it would be nice to take out more vehicles. And yes, great campaign!

Thanks for confirming, I'll have a dig into it and see what's going on.

@Critter @zildac I've tested this in a variety of scenarios and configurations and I can't recreate the issue.  For me Chief does what he is supposed to every time, but given that you've both had the same issue I've no doubt there is a problem somewhere, I'm just struggling to identify it.  If you can, a track or TACVIEW file would be really helpful to try and spot where Chief's behavior goes wrong.  Thanks.