The change of the View Angle changes how dark or bright the environment is / what does ED try to simulate with this?

Nedum

I really try hard to understand what ED try to simulate with this ugly behavior (look at the pictures) if you change the view angle and the whole environment gets darker or brighter. Never saw such a behavior in real life.

I really tried hard to find something in RL that could fit with the DCS behavior. ED try to simulate something I've never seen before. And guess what, I couldn't find a single RL comparison that would fit, nor do I find any science explanation for that "art" of simulation.

In RL, if I move my had a few degrees up and down or Left and right or all together and glance around, all has still the same brightness or darkness as before. Nothing changed a little bit. There is no difference if I do this in my house or in my garden.

So what does ED try to simulate with "that"?

And please, ED, give us an option-switch to disable this ugly behavior which is simulating nothing you could find in this kind of universe we are living in.

Screen_230729_161946.pngScreen_230729_161940.png

Screen_230811_112644.png

Screen_230811_112631.png

Screenshot 2023-08-11 124139.png

Edited by Nedum
  • Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11 Pro, HD: 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD

HOTAS Throttle: TM Warthog Throttle with TM F16 Grip, Orion2 Throttle with F15EX II Grip with Finger Lifts

HOTAS Sticks: TM AVA Base with TM F16 Stick, FSSB R3 Base with TM F16 Stick

Rudder: WinWing Orion Metal

• Nedum changed the title to The change of the View Angle changes how dark or bright the environment is / what does ED try to simulate with this?
2 hours ago, Nedum said:

I really try hard to understand what ED try to simulate with this ugly behavior (look at the pictures) if you change the view angle and the whole environment gets darker or brighter. Never saw such a behavior in real life.

This simulates changing dynamic range of the scene. Your eyes (hard to notice) and digital cameras (auto-exposure) are doing it all the time.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Nope, that kind of Magic doesn't exist for a human being. That stuff is something a camera would have to do to get a good picture, because nothing mechanical compares to the nature. 😉

An environment has always the same LUX as long the transmitter (sun or any other light emitter) doesn't change its position. And for 100 %, the angle of the receiver (eyeballs) doesn't change a bit about the LUX and how they interact with the environment.

If a person stays at a point (sun in the back) and only moves the head a little bit down, the LUX reaching the eyeballs are still by 100% the same as before. Nothing will become brighter or darker, as long as the person does not move in a way, so the LUX can get stronger and !!blind!! the person. That is for sure not the matter in my pictures. And if you think that the behavior I have shown in the pictures can be done in RL, go out and test it. By 100 % it's not possible that a whole area you can still glance on, will get extreme brighter or darker because you only move your head up and down with the sun in your back, never ever. That's physically not possible. The LUX and how they interact with the environment will be the same, and, as long the receiver will not change the position in conjunction to the transmitter, the LUX the receiver will receive will not change. The entire area will not change it brightness.

What we see in DCS is how a camera would work, if someone would try a backlit shot. But for this you have to "look" into the lighted area. But even if a human would do so, an area would never become brighter, because the human being is only looking to the ground.

And for 100% an area would never become darker, because the human would look at the lighted area. That is physically not possible! Light can't get "away" because ED thinks this should be the (whatever) right way.

That's a big problem with DCS and how ED try to simulate the shadow cast. They do it completely wrong. It doesn't work that way, not one single %.
There is a hint. More light, that blinds you, makes nothing dark. 😉
Why ED tries to make dark areas darker because a view angle is changing? If there is an area lighted up with a fixed brightness, which physical law would change the brightness if the receiver (a human being) doesn't change his position, but change the view angle? The whole light emitting from the ground will hit the eyeballs still the same way, so how is that possible, the whole area becomes darker or brighter?

None is looking into the sun, so none is blinded even a little bit. And even then, there is no way that the area around the sun becomes darker if I glance to an area above the sun. How should that be possible?

To "fix" that problem, they had to tune this effect way down (90 %) and it should only happen if the pilot is looking directly into a strong bright area. No darkening should happen at all!

As you can see in my pictures, I was "looking" into the sky with clouds, and the whole area I could glance on with easy was pitch black. That isn't possible, that doesn't reflect RL a tiny little bit.

As long as I can glance around the entire picture/area, the effect should be an option for the "creative" guys, who like DoF, Motion Blur and all the other a way wrong "simulated" stuff.

That is system power wasted for nothing but "Magic". 😉

If you can't simulate something not even in an only plausible way, please ED, don't do it at all or give us RL "fan-bois" an option to disable it.

Thanks.

• Like 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11 Pro, HD: 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD

HOTAS Throttle: TM Warthog Throttle with TM F16 Grip, Orion2 Throttle with F15EX II Grip with Finger Lifts

HOTAS Sticks: TM AVA Base with TM F16 Stick, FSSB R3 Base with TM F16 Stick

Rudder: WinWing Orion Metal