MATRIC looking for iOS (and MacOS) testers

Hi,

after a very long time indeed, I'm happy to report that MATRIC is available on iOS as well as Android. Since MATRIC was at least in part inspired by need to deal with complex keyboard shortcuts in DCS it seems appropriate to announce it here 😄. iOS support was probably No.1 requested feature by far.

To cut the long story short, MATRIC beta for iOS is now available for Apple devices in AppStore TestFlight: https://testflight.apple.com/join/pkXPB9BD

P.S. For those that aren't familiar with MATRIC ( https://matricapp.com ): MATRIC is sort of like software stream deck which enables you to use drag & drop to create custom "button box" (well, sliders encoders and other stuff too) on your mobile device and assign various actions to them like keyboard hotkeys, macros, joystick buttons...etc. It consists of Windows "server app" and mobile client. It provides integration API so even 2-way integration is possible for apps that support it (like DCS does) e.g. 

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ES4cfw9rDuM

matric_su27.png

Edited by AnarchyZG
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

1 hour ago, AnarchyZG said:

To cut the long story short, MATRIC beta for iOS is now available for Apple devices

Thanks for the heads up, will give it a try to see how well it works on my 12.9" iPad ..  will try it with this Matric deck:

ss1.webp

🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia RTX2080 - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I may have a nice idea that i think can be implemented with the help of Matric. This would bring a new dimension to DCS. 

It basicly comes down to projecting the uh-1 gunnerviews (or any other multicrew view) on a tablet to look around and fire the guns. I understand that matric can show a tablet as a controller to dcs, so i think it should be possible if the views can be placed on the tablet. Can a tablet function in the same way as a vr set? I am a total noob, so i don't know anything about the coding in DCS, But i do think this idea could make the app very populair if we get this to work. I have just started my research into making this possible and i hope we can help each other to make something great!

Views
Default views are stored in this file: Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\View\SnapViews.lua, which is created when you first alter and save custom snapviews. 
The SnapViews.lua file defines the snapviews and default views for each aircraft and can be edited directly.