FPS drop in Channel Map

vgilsoler
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

I got a drop in FPS running the Baedecker Mission in the Channel Map.

At the beginning and at the end of mission the FPS are constant at 60 FPS (the FPS are limited to Vsync) Even when flying around the bombers formation. Later the FPS down to 30 or even below 10 FPS.

I deleted fxo and metashaders folder before launching the mission and take the FPS data. I also launched a windows performance monitor session to be sure the hardware resources are used by DCS and not by other software or service.

I attach the track, dcs and debrief logs, the tacview data the performance monitor report and the sysinfo export (unfortunately it was took in spanish but I hope it could be useful for you) Let me know if you need I provide more details.

Regards,

performane_monitor_report.zip dcs_logs.zip BaedekerRaid_FPS_track.zip Tacview-20230908-220721-DCS-Fw190D9-FWAF-Channel-Baedeker Blitz Canterbury Raid.zip sysinfo.txt

I7 3770K - 32 GB DDR3 - Nvidia RTX 4060 - SSD + NVME

I checked your track and I did not spot FPS drops, but I really need the mission time you start getting FPS drops so I can be sure I cannot reproduce your issue.

I checked your sysInfo process list: I see you use OneDrive and ESET antivirus.

Then I checked your DCS log: you're using a 130 GB pagefile! It's way too big. a 32 GB pagefile will do, considering you already have 32 GB of RAM (DCS can eat up to ~55 GB in total).

2023-09-08 20:01:28.141 INFO    APP (Main): CPU cores: 4, threads: 4, System RAM: 32729 MB, Pagefile: 131072 MB

Here are a few things you can try:

1. Add DCS main path ("D:\SIMS\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\") as to your ESET exceptions.
  2. Disable OneDrive before playing. See if it helps.
  3. Lower your pagefile to 32GB.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I disabled one drive and DCS as already in the ESET exceptions.

I've setup pagefile to 32GB.

I repeated the mission again to get the time data:

From T0 to T1000 aprox 60 FPS

at T1000 to T1200 aprox 25 FPS

at T1200 aprox 17 FPS

at T1600 aprox 15 FPS

at T1900 aprox 10 FPS

at T2050 aprox 40 FPS

From T2700 to the end 60FPS

The results are few better than the first report.

I did the mission in ST and it was worst than in MT.

I attach the track and DCS log from this test.

dcs_2.log BaedekerRaid_FPS_2.zip

• Solution

Thank you.

This is what I get (AMD 3700X + GTX 1808Ti + 32GB of RAM):

• From T0 to T1000 aprox 90 FPS
  • at T1000 to T1200 aprox 100 FPS
  • at T1200 aprox 82 FPS

Variations are much less important than on your PC.

I see your PC is powered by an old CPU (i5-2550K, made in 2012) and your FPS sink when you're in the vicinity of bombers. I'm pretty sure your FPS counter reads "CPU bound" in red when your FPS sink. You should consider upgrading your PC, especially if you often fly missions with such large bomber formations.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

In that case the CPU requirements statement should be updated as this CPU is included for High Graphics settings. Specially if you have in mind that DCS in Single Thread does not matter how many cores the CPU has.

CPU: Core i5+ at 3+ GHz or AMD FX / Ryzen;

Thanks for your response.