Graphicbug

spacen

Hello.

i think this is a bug, i dont know if any other have this. A Line around the Cockpit on the Airfield that moves with the mouse movement.

(please forgive me my bad english)

My Graphiccard is Nvidia GTX 260 Gainward unlimited Ed. Driver is 182.06 on win xp.

My Settings are:

Texture high

Scenerie high

Shadows all planar

I have 2x AA 1152 x 864

German DCS Black Shark Version + Hotfix

and see this:

65341341.jpg

12 o clock

27098413.jpg

20 o clock

Edit: I have this bug with all graphic Settings and no AA.

Edited by spacen

Ah i'm glad you posted this, i've been meaning to get around to reporting this very issue myself but have been too busy. You have saved me some time.

It's bloody horrible especially at night.

So in what way is it not recommended? Why is it a bad solution? What are the negative side effects?

Cheers

Ive recently started testing flying with 2 cameras (ViewDx -1 and viewDx 0).

Ive seen this graphic bug showing up a lot more in the left/forward -1 view. Looking forward with TIR disabled, I will sometimes see sections of the terrain turn white and I also note that when flying in formation with an AI helo, it would disappear from view when I got close. if I re enabled the TIR and looked in that direction, the helo would be there, when I look back forward, it disappears again. Not sure if I can do screenshots in multi monitor to show this happen, but I will try when I get a chance.

• 3 months later...
It's a known bug and cannot be fixed because of engine limitations, however there is a workaround here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=611617&postcount=51

It's a bug and CAN be fixed.

Engine limitations CAN be fixed... and MUST be fixed...

We pay for a software without "unfixable bugs"... or am I wrong?

The DCS Series pretend to be a new brand, an evolution of LockOn series. But... the same "unfixable bug"? The same engine?

I understand the marketing strategy of release new flyable aircrafts and the time needed for it... but some development in engine flaws will be good too...

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

It's a bug and CAN be fixed.

Engine limitations CAN be fixed... and MUST be fixed...

We pay for a software without "unfixable bugs"... or am I wrong?

We do? I thought I payed for the privelege to fly this fine sim because ED wanted to share their product with thye rest of the world! ;)

I dont know what the big deal is about "the floating line" there, but when I fly - thats the last thing I worry about ... :D

Well, let's hope they can nail it in a future version.

Edited by Panzertard

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

We do? I thought I payed for the privelege to fly this fine sim because ED wanted to share their product with thye rest of the world! ;)

I dont know what the big deal is about "the floating line" there, but when I fly - thats the last thing I worry about ... :D

Well, let's hope they can nail it in a future version.

Well, we PAY for it. And this is the same old LockOn bug... ED receive the privilege to have our money too... we are customers... :pilotfly:

Best flight sim ever, I love it... but with some old flaws in the old engine. Need time to development. A lot of "CPU usage" isn't "too much complex calculations", but a dated engine, some graphics issues too. A great engine, but need work.

I beliave isn't offensive point this. It's the reallity. Nothing is perfect.

Indeed, it is an old bug, from an old engine :)

However - looking at it from the humoristic side ...

... we pay for the privilegium to see all these fine bugs firsthand, experience them over and over again - and witness that some of them might outlast your marriage ;)

EDIT - PANIC: Now that I come to think of it; how the hell do I file for a divorce!?

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning