First training mission, must use Landing Gear Up/Down binding only

virgo47

In the first Su-25T training mission when I take off and use Landing Gear Up binding (e.g. on HOTAS) Matt gets stuck on the instruction that I need to press G. I don't mind the specificity of the message, but I used Landing Gear Up action instead of Landing Gear Up/Down - which I had to rebind again to let Matt go on with his instructions. I believe this should be some easy fix in the mission, to check for the state of the gear instead of the binding - no need to redo any voiceover.

Edited by virgo47
  • Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

1 hour ago, draconus said:

Since many training missions rely on the user pressing specific key wouldn't you progress by simply pressing the G key, without binding it?

I haven't really tried that, but I have it rebound already anyway - so I may not want to press it. But I bound the action to some obscure key which worked and went on. So I guess it's more about the action, not the key in this case. But that still doesn't fix the mission properly.

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Chnl, Norm2 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

19 minutes ago, virgo47 said:

So I guess it's more about the action, not the key in this case.

That's good actually. Training missions are catered for beginners and assume you have default keybinds set. But if it works with the action you can progress and it does not make the mission bad.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

12 minutes ago, draconus said:

That's good actually. Training missions are catered for beginners and assume you have default keybinds set. But if it works with the action you can progress and it does not make the mission bad.

I understand your point and it occurred to me as well - but I disagree. In many training missions it works as it should - if you should lift the gear, it works whether I use the flip switch or a button. The fact that the voiceover only mentions the basic option is fine. Of course it cannot reflect custom bindings either. 🙂 That's also fine. But when I use Gear Up instead of Gear Up/Down and it doesn't progress... that's strange.

Also - you may start with Su-25T when you already have a HOTAS and your preferred bindings. This applies to any plane, I hardly ever use Gear Up/Down shortcut anymore and often manage to rebind many keys to my "standard" even before I start the training mission.

That said - if it's officially closed as "not a bug", I'll accept it, even when I don't agree with it. 🙂 I just felt like reporting it.