Engine Start Order

Avio

4 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

the checklist is incorrect, it’s the Utility gauge the one that should read 2,750 psi.

Since everyone is diving into the weeds, that 2,750 is the cracking pressure of a check valve on the utility accessories manifold.  If you get 3000 psi on start of #2 on the real airplane, it’s a bad valve which causes a s••t tone of work to be done.  So it’s not the pump putting out the 2750.  All 4 pumps are interchangeable.  @Ramsay correct me if I’m wrong, It’s been 20+ years.

Edited by strikeeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris

6 hours ago, WizzRD said:

One thing that may play into the right vs left choice is that in pretty much any start up video you see, the right engine starts while the canopy is still open and the ladder still attached. Guess noone would like to get sucked in or hit by the inlet coming down.

Not really. FWIW, that is a C model thing. They do not have hand pumps to move the canopy. Its a pro move to start the engine to have hydro for the canopy so you can pull the strut.  Not gonna really see that done on Es.  Canopy is typically gonna be lowered after second engine start unless there is foul weather going on where you may want to shut it earlier. 

Edited by Rainmaker

2 hours ago, strikeeagle said:

Since everyone is diving into the weeds, that 2,750 is the cracking pressure of a check valve on the utility accessories manifold.  If you get 3000 psi on start of #2 on the real airplane, it’s a bad valve which causes a s••t tone of work to be done.  So it’s not the pump putting out the 2750.  All 4 pumps are interchangeable.  

I've never ever been near a real F-15E, but the TO 1F-15E-1 manual says:

UTILITY SYSTEM
The utility system has a left pump which operates at
a pressure of 3000 psi and a right pump which
operates at a pressure of 2775 psi. The utility system
is divided into a circuit A, circuit B, and a non-RLS
circuit.

Anyway, this detail is really irrelevant for DCS, but it's nice to know the why's behind the procedure steps   🙂 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

I've never ever been near a real F-15E, but the TO 1F-15E-1 manual says:

UTILITY SYSTEM
The utility system has a left pump which operates at
a pressure of 3000 psi and a right pump which
operates at a pressure of 2775 psi. The utility system
is divided into a circuit A, circuit B, and a non-RLS
circuit.

Anyway, this detail is really irrelevant for DCS, but it's nice to know the why's behind the procedure steps   🙂 

I have a copy of that same book sitting on my shelf.  It’s system’s description is very basic in terms of how stuff actually works. With that said, it’s not always going to be correct on how things actually work.  

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Chris