No flak in DCS WW2 Missions

mac22

Running the latest DCS open beta version (using MT) and finding when I run some of SP instant action missions for the WW2 aircraft (such as spitfire, P47 or Mustang) and over Normandy map seem to be getting almost no ground/flak fire even when I fly right over the enemy (german) positions? (even thought in dogfights the enemy aircraft are firing) - just wondering what might be causing this and if there is a setting I need to change to get this working properly?(AI level for example)

14 hours ago, mac22 said:

Running the latest DCS open beta version (using MT) and finding when I run some of SP instant action missions for the WW2 aircraft (such as spitfire, P47 or Mustang) and over Normandy map seem to be getting almost no ground/flak fire even when I fly right over the enemy (german) positions? (even thought in dogfights the enemy aircraft are firing) - just wondering what might be causing this and if there is a setting I need to change to get this working properly?(AI level for example)

hello. though i do not fly WW2 missions, i suspect you need to check the ROE (rule of engagement) of the ground AI. just placing the units does not do this. they are essentially just targets on the ground. try with one unit and see what happens. also give the Mission Editor sub-forum a breeze over. there is a lots of good info. also open a mission you know works and compare settings. good luck.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

58 minutes ago, silverdevil said:

hello. though i do not fly WW2 missions, i suspect you need to check the ROE (rule of engagement) of the ground AI. just placing the units does not do this. they are essentially just targets on the ground. try with one unit and see what happens. also give the Mission Editor sub-forum a breeze over. there is a lots of good info. also open a mission you know works and compare settings. good luck.

thanks for the reply - note these are the "official" instant action missions for each plane - so is it possible they would not have been set up correctly or you think they might be simply targets?

so how would I load up an instant action mission in the mission editor? (specifically where can I find the file) - assume then I just need to ROE section of the unit?

also read somewhere previously there might have been a bug where flak was only active between certain hours (but guessing this must have been fixed!)

4 hours ago, mac22 said:

thanks for the reply - note these are the "official" instant action missions for each plane - so is it possible they would not have been set up correctly or you think they might be simply targets?

so how would I load up an instant action mission in the mission editor? (specifically where can I find the file) - assume then I just need to ROE section of the unit?

also read somewhere previously there might have been a bug where flak was only active between certain hours (but guessing this must have been fixed!)

Ah interesting that an instant action mission would be a problem. But with DCS nothing is sacred. Go into ME and click open file. Then browse to the folder in the main DCS install folder.

I like to go into File Explorer and find the file and copy it to My Missions in Saved Games. Then you won't break a default mission.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain