MFD Random flashes , AT DUSK/NIGHT?

PSYKOnz

Nit sure if it's a bug or a feature, but the MFDs on the Viper are randomly flashing In the Viper now, worse when your near the ground but still happening 

I am exporting the mfd to a separate screen

Anyone else having this issue.or just me?

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

3 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

Nit sure if it's a bug or a feature, but the MFDs on the Viper are randomly flashing In the Viper now, worse when your near the ground but still happening 

I am exporting the mfd to a separate screen

Anyone else having this issue.or just me?

Nothing on my end, they seem just fine on the helios screen. Haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

It's happening in the f18 as well, not sure what could be causing it, it's random as, definitely not a helios thing that for sure, could be a problem with one of the new dcs graphics settings maybe

It's happening on both screens at the same time, so the flicker happens on the in game screen and the export screen at the same exact time on the same mfds, it's not rolling or alternating or anything 

Edited by PSYKOnz

7 hours ago, PSYKOnz said:

It's happening in the f18 as well, not sure what could be causing it, it's random as, definitely not a helios thing that for sure, could be a problem with one of the new dcs graphics settings maybe

It's happening on both screens at the same time, so the flicker happens on the in game screen and the export screen at the same exact time on the same mfds, it's not rolling or alternating or anything 

I was going to ask if it was only on the export screens. I had it happening when I first started exporting things and it was because vsync was set on fast. But I know you've been at it long enough, and haven’t mentioned any issues like this before. …. Ummmm I’m at a loss. Even though its a new update, might delete the fxo and metashaders folder I saved games and run a repair, just to cover the basics…. Did you unplug it and plug it back in?..😂 sorry couldn’t help myself, my work week has been full of that🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK, I HAS SOME NEWS!

it only happens at dusk and at night (prob dawn too, I didn't check) I deleted the fxo and meta shaders, did a full repair checked everything, and had no luck, I think it has something to do with the lighting changes in the evenings, it does not happen during the day, it only happens in the evenings (and dawn I guess) and it does not happen at any time without exports. I reverted back to my old graphics settings and there was no change, it was not doing this before the 2.9 patch at all regardless of the time of day

so far I have tested only with the F16 and F18 but I'm sure it will affect others

I threw this together to show you,

you can see the flashes in both MFDs, with 2030 being the worst, right at the end I included a snippet of 2030 with no exports for comparison, the only thing that's changing in the video is the time of day, all other things are identical

not sure what causing it but I can replicate it easily now

here is the mission file too

DUSK.miz

that way you can test (if you have the Viper or change it to F18)

I would never have noticed it if it wasn't for Juice over at AWG showing off the new color tint things, I was trying them out at dusk (because pretty) when this all started, and no it's not those, the flashes are there regardless of the filter being used, even if none are being used, it's still there, I normally only fly during the day cause I'm lazy and a crap pilot haha

hopefully, this is somewhat helpful in diagnosing the problem

Edited by PSYKOnz

I also am exporting my MFDs and noticed the random flashes on both the exported screens and on my main display in the Viper. I have flown the Apache a lot since the 2.9 update and have not observed either the exports or the main monitor MFDs flashing at all.

Same problem at night with the exported Central MFCD in F18.

It only occurs at night both in ST and MT. I didn't have this issue in 2.8. It's a new issue caused by 2.9

I've also tried to export the MFD to the same monitor as the sim and the problem appears as well. So it's not due to any multimonitor setting.

Very annoying especially when the moving map is shown.

Also the usual problem of the huge difference in gamma between cockpit MFD and the exported one is still present in 2.9

At the moment F18 is not yet certified for night mission 🙂

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

Experiencing the same issue with the F16. A10C II & F/A-18 fine for what I've seen. 

Exporting 2x MFDs to separate screens (cubesim)

@BIGNEWY any chance you can have a look into this? 

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• PSYKOnz changed the title to MFD Random flashes , AT DUSK/NIGHT?
  • 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

Hi, 

please attach a short track replay example, your dcs log and dxdiag we can look for clues. 

Also ensure you are not using any unofficial mods or shader edits when testing, delete metashader2 and fxo folders in saved games dcs folder and allow DCS to create new ones on a restart. It is probably worth doing a dcs repair or verify if steam and ensure windows and all drivers are up to date. 

thank you 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

no mods, deleted metashader2 and fxo already

DxDiag.txt dcs.log mfd.trk

Update 1: The flickering only occurs when the resolution of the game its bigger than the main monitor resolution (for use with external monitor MFDs), it doesnt matter if the external monitor are on or off, the others planes are ok.

Update 2: Seems to be related to the FPS, when limit is 180, flickering is constant, when fps limit at 120, flickering is almost gone.

Edited by malarcky

• ED Team

Thank you for the track, 

I was unable to reproduce on my system but will ask others to check with exports. 

Possibly refresh rate related, your monitors are running at non native refresh rates it seems

Can you confirm the refresh rate of your monitors? Some are running at non native refresh rates. 

I will move this post to multi display area

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thank you for the track, 

I was unable to reproduce on my system but will ask others to check with exports. 

Possibly refresh rate related, your monitors are running at non native refresh rates it seems

Can you confirm the refresh rate of your monitors? Some are running at non native refresh rates. 

I will move this post to multi display area

Main monitor (Gigabyte M32Q) is at 165hz
Auxiliary monitor (not used by DCS, AOC 27G2G4) 144hz
The two Winwing MFDs at 60hz

I think these are the native refresh rates for each one, M32Q has two modes one at 144 and one at 165hz. Tried at 144hz but the problem persist.

• 4 weeks later...
  • ED Team

threads merged. We will take another look. Team is on New years break currently however. 

thanks

I can confirm, I found this thread while looking if someone had this same problem. I was flying F18 and exporting AMPCD to second monitor.

It only happens during night missions and, for me, only since latest update. Flickering is not terrible or continous and not very noticeable in my case, it seems like a quick monitor refresh every 40-50 seconds and only on the second monitor (the one I usually export MFD to).

Edited by Saruman

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...