Black bars on the NS-430/Not able to create a user waypoint.

Vortexstate
Go to solution Solved by Ramsay,

I've noticed there's these black bars that pop up on specific screens, most notably the map screen. What's going on here? I've also noticed that you're unable to actually make a user waypoint, even when following real world instructions. If you go to the direct page, enter in a random number or letter that's not already a waypoint, you'll be unable to get the UI that says something along the lines of "this waypoint does not exist, would you like to create one?" Instead it'll just clear it. Doing the other method of creating a user waypoint via the "USR" sub-menu on the WPT menu, you can't even enter in a waypoint name, you can only pull a reference waypoint. If I can't do these, then what's the point of the GPS?

image_2023-10-22_190251714.png

image_2023-10-22_190315901.png

• Solution
18 hours ago, Coeptus said:

I've also noticed that you're unable to actually make a user waypoint, even when following real world instructions.

While the DCS NS430's operation/3D model is based off that of a Garmin GNS 430, do not expect the NS430 to be a realistic simulation of the "real" unit or to be able to use Garmin's operating instructions.

This Grim Reapers video helps set expectations for it's use in DCS and explains how to enter User Waypoints, naming limitations, etc. @20:25

Note: the NS430 has a number of reported single player and multiplayer bugs that are awaiting attention from ED.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

4 hours ago, Ramsay said:

While the DCS NS430's operation/3D model is based off that of a Garmin GNS 430, do not expect the NS430 to be a realistic simulation of the "real" unit or to be able to use Garmin's operating instructions.

This Grim Reapers video helps set expectations for it's use in DCS and explains how to enter User Waypoints, naming limitations, etc. @20:25

Note: the NS430 has a number of reported single player and multiplayer bugs that are awaiting attention from ED.

I've learned everything there is to know in the 430 as of now, but still, the black bars is unacceptable and shouldn't be happening...little alone the Caucasus map.