[REPORTED] HUD course steering cue with INS in NAV DCS 2.9

Britchot

Conditions are a proper alignment completed with INS placed into NAV instead of IFA.  In any of the flight modes, the HUD steering cue is frozen to one side of heading tape with the appropriate course indicated, even if it should be a line only.

VSTOL mode waypoint, heading 083° with course cue at 058° but on the right side of heading tape when a left turn is required.image.png

NAV mode waypoint, heading 068° with course cue to the right indicating 057°, even though it should be just a line on the left.image.png

AG mode waypoint designated as target, heading 058° with steering cue far right still showing course of 061°, though should be a line slightly right, under heading. vlcsnap-2023-10-23-13h58m38s960.png

Makes it quite difficult to track during attacks: AG mode TGT designated, heading 117° with a steering cue right to 111° 

vlcsnap-2023-10-23-14h19m18s285.png

Edited by Britchot
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Yep, verified I was in NAV mode in my recording, been flying RIO in the F-14 lately, just went to NAV by habit.  I'll update the title and the OP, thanks for finding a workaround, though NAV should work.  

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• Britchot changed the title to HUD course steering cue with INS in NAV DCS 2.9
  • AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED] HUD course steering cue with INS in NAV DCS 2.9