DLSS and mulitiplayer

spidierox
Go to solution Solved by spidierox,

Hi everyone, 

I need some guidance here. My friend and I both use the multithreading with the new DLSS and in single player it works good.
However, as soon as my friend connects to a multiplayer server his frames drop to about 20 fps.

Is there any issue reported or known that DLSS drops framerates when going multiplayer ?
if so any info or link would be appreciated ... still need to investigate this situation further.... 

thanks in advance

Just now, spidierox said:

Hi everyone, 

I need some guidance here. My friend and I both use the multithreading with the new DLSS and in single player it works good.
However, as soon as my friend connects to a multiplayer server his frames drop to about 20 fps.

Is there any issue reported or known that DLSS drops framerates when going multiplayer ?
if so any info or link would be appreciated ... still need to investigate this situation further.... 

thanks in advance

no reports i know. i read through the forums a couple times a day. i would not think DLSS would cause this. however, what happens if you try without the DLSS enabled?

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Thanks for the reply. I also was thinking that multiplayer and DLSS is not related just because DLSS is graphics handling by the client's PC.
Normally we will be flying together tonight and have a look. Good tip actually on switching it off and see what happens.

Thank for the input

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, spidierox said:

because DLSS is graphics handling by the client's PC

that was my thought too. i would be interested to hear the outcome. good luck.

Edited by silverdevil

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• Solution
On 10/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, silverdevil said:

that was my thought too. i would be interested to hear the outcome. good luck.

ED has released a patch in the meanwhile which might address some issues related to multiplayer (last patch I believe).
So my friend and I will try that out ... in a near future ...keep you posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1