Can't run more that 5 concurrent server instances

Darkfury

I have not been hosting a DCS server for some time, I think the server was running 2.7 when I was last hosting. It used to run 9 instances named slot1 through slot 9 with the relevant config files under "Saved Games".

I started the same old server after a long gap, patched to v2.8 two or three weeks ago and restarted the server, so it ran the same script as previously which would start SRS Server then each slot one at a time with like a 50 second pause between them. All looks fine but after about 15 or 20 minutes four of the instances would stop with a message "Login session has expired".

I have since updated to v2.9 and still get the same issue, even after adjusting the script to run the multi-threaded version.

It also behaves the same if I run all 9 sessions from shortcuts. Below is an example command line.

"C:\Games\DCS World\bin-mt\DCS.exe" --server --norender --force_disable_VR -w Slot1"

I can provide more info if required, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something stoopid in the first instance. I did a search before posting. One thing to check was disabling any VPN, which I do not run.

If feels like I need a new parameter like "--maxsessions=9" or some such, but I can't see that mentioned, unless I missed it.

Cheers in advance.

Edited by Darkfury

• Darkfury changed the title to Can't run more that 5 concurrent server instances

Screenshot_2023-09-05_at_14.png?ex=654a3

Back in September they drop an update to address a security issues, and as consequence, no more than 5 instances are allowed to run from the same account.
No special parameter that you can use.

Use different account, one for slot 1->5, and another one for 6->9

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!