unfortunately not for beginners

Quasi

...nice campaign, but it would be nicer if they would leave it up to the player what is shown on the F10 map or not. Would be yes adjustable via the DCS main menu and thus better suited for beginners. Maybe you could realize this in another version.

Thanks for your work and all the best for the future.

Best regards Quasi

Unfortunately, this is a decision Reflected made to make his campaigns  more interesting and engaging for ... I suppose, himself.  Because it immediately turned me off from his campaigns and I bought WW2 modules to fly his campaigns.  I already had a discussion about it with him elsewhere.  Basically it boiled down to me understanding not to buy his campaigns anymore.  He needs to at least make some form of notification when you buy it that you don't have control over those options even though ED has a check box to override the settings.

Yup, super frustrating.   If I wanted to play it that way, I know how to check boxes, thank you kindly.

Edited by CageyLobster

1) No offense, but this is a 30x 10 mile island. Surely you don’t need the F10 map not to get lost?

2) dead reckoning navigation is part of the fun, once you swallow the pill and try to do it, believe me. It’s gonna make the experience so much more rewarding  

3) if you completely refuse, you can still use kneeboard location marks to find where you are, that is not turned off  

same goes for my ww2 campaigns. If the above turns you off from buying them, so be it, but dead reckoning navigation is by far not the hardest challenge you’ll face in them, because as you said, they’re not for beginners. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Reflected said:

1) No offense, but this is a 30x 10 mile island. Surely you don’t need the F10 map not to get lost?

2) dead reckoning navigation is part of the fun, once you swallow the pill and try to do it, believe me. It’s gonna make the experience so much more rewarding  

3) if you completely refuse, you can still use kneeboard location marks to find where you are, that is not turned off  

same goes for my ww2 campaigns. If the above turns you off from buying them, so be it, but dead reckoning navigation is by far not the hardest challenge you’ll face in them, because as you said, they’re not for beginners. 

Reflected, you aren't going to win this argument.  Its a selfish reason for you to make this decision.  DCS in general has some huge flaws in AI and all sorts of other buggy systems that can make those options the difference between me purchasing your products and me not. 

I have never asked you to come over and fly a single player campaign at my house.  So, I don't understand why you insist on me flying the way you want to fly.  Do you think I can't figure out the options?  Do you think your experience is any better with me having to suffer through it the way you want.

I can do all the things you think Im not by using these options.  the fact is I select those options depending on my play time, my pain from disabilities, and any number of other reasons I shouldn't have to go into detail explaining to you.  Often in your missions I turn on invul or unlimited fuel because I do want to work on just dead reckoning, or by the numbers bombing, but the vanilla experience in DCS is severely lacking so I would fly your missions to bring some life to that bit I wanted to practice.  You took that ability away from me.

But, this is your bed, and I respect it, but not with my wallet I won't

Any time a product takes options away from the consumer that are available already, is not consumer friendly approach.  In this regard we can agree to disagree.

also, its a video game when you are trying to get high and mighty about flying

Edited by CageyLobster
Words
  • Like 1

Reflected, you aren't going to win this argument.  Its a selfish reason for you to make this decision.  DCS in general has some huge flaws in AI and all sorts of other buggy systems that can make those options the difference between me purchasing your products and me not. 
I have never asked you to come over and fly a single player campaign at my house.  So, I don't understand why you insist on me flying the way you want to fly.  Do you think I can't figure out the options?  Do you think your experience is any better with me having to suffer through it the way you want.
I can do all the things you think Im not by using these options.  the fact is I select those options depending on my play time, my pain from disabilities, and any number of other reasons I shouldn't have to go into detail explaining to you.  Often in your missions I turn on invul or unlimited fuel because I do want to work on just dead reckoning, or by the numbers bombing, but the vanilla experience in DCS is severely lacking so I would fly your missions to bring some life to that bit I wanted to practice.  You took that ability away from me.

But, this is your bed, and I respect it, but not with my wallet I won't

Any time a product takes options away from the consumer that are available already, is not consumer friendly approach.  In this regard we can agree to disagree.

also, its a video game when you are trying to get high and mighty about flying
Oh, you again...
What argument? This one you've started yet again? Pretty sure his reply was for the OP and not you. You've been told before why he designs his campaigns the way he does. And guess what! Us, the silent majority loves it! So please, just stop. You're unhappy, and that's your prerogative, but we heard it the first time.
Cheers!

Oh, BTW. I stopped buying BMW because of the ridiculous iDrive, their designers are soooo selfish.

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Oh, you again...
What argument? This one you've started yet again? Pretty sure his reply was for the OP and not you. You've been told before why he designs his campaigns the way he does. And guess what! Us, the silent majority loves it! So please, just stop. You're unhappy, and that's your prerogative, but we heard it the first time.
Cheers!

Oh, BTW. I stopped buying BMW because of the ridiculous iDrive, their designers are soooo selfish. emoji2373.png

Sent from my SM-A536B using Tapatalk

It would be different if you bought that BMW and then years later they made you pay for it.  Also, why does ED have an option to chose your own difficulty, but Reflected went in and coded it out.  If the option wasn't available in the base game to play with the option I like, I wouldn't complain.  But ED made a chack box to allow me to chose how to play.  Reflected went in and coded that out in his stuff.  Thats fine, but why do it years after some of these campaigns have been out.  I would think he would want to inform consumers that this is how he expects you to play it.  Thats also fine.  But, I had previously bought those campaigns with the assumption I would have control over those options and I do not.

Why cant I be in control over my own options?  Why does this community insist on everyone playing the game in the way they feel it needs to be played?  I just don't understand the need for the options to be deselected as much as they are selected.  If you don't like playing any other way than what Reflected has intended you don't need to change anything.  But, why would I need to play like you?  You are absolutely right, I am frustrated.  I bought campaigns from reflected and at the time had the ability to select options as a saw fit.  It was later on and without warning he changed it.  Yeah, I would appreciate being able to play the campaigns I bought the way I want. 

8.3k posts since 2016 and you're the silent majority?

CageyLobster,

Not picking sides but you said it...you voted with your wallet to not purchase any more from this source.   I have experienced several very expensive changes after

purchase,  that totally negated said purchase value too me.  Software is leased not owned.  It appears to me the majority wanted those changes and me as a minority

can pound sand.  If they had wanted to keep me as a user they would have considered presenting options.  My options were twofold:  One;  to not use their product,

Two;  to use it and deal with the frustration.  I have also found in my 80 years,  complaints usually fall on deaf ears  unless they are enormously humorous.

LAZ

• Like 1

OK, I'll make the argument simple:

With F10 icons: Can u cheat? Yes. Can u dead reckon? No. (the icons ruin it, you cant use the F10 map, and the kneeboards are too small)

Without F10 icons: Can u cheat? Yes. (kneeboard marks) Can dead u reckon? Yes. Everyone happy.

So which alternative would be enforcing someone's preference onto someone else?

• Like 1

I can't sit due to a physical disability for long.  So if I have a chance to play and I just want to explore sometimes I turn on those options so I can work on airmanship skills while also enjoying a more vibrant WW2 experience.  I am arguing with you for the ability to physically play your campaigns again.  But, you said no.  You ego and the integrity of this video game experience is so important I can no longer play the campaigns I bought.

Im done arguing with you about this.  I paid for them, I used to be able to play them and I thoroughly enjoyed them.  But now I can't and when I ask for a reason sighting my own real world limitations you want to use the integrity of the campaign as an excuse.  I'm in physical pain every time I decide to sit in the sim pit.  I used to think it was worth it to fly in the world you created.  Your unwillingness to compromise and see this for what it is, well that's the problem Reflected ... Not that someone might see a flak gun on the map.

...it's just a shame when you can't handle it and then don't want to continue flying the mission/campaign because of increasing frustration.

In addition, it keeps me from buying more campaigns if I lack the game fun.

It is also the case that you can not test fly the campaigns and thus buy a pig in a poke. In addition, the thing is expressly excluded from the exchange.

Of course, the creator of the campaign can do whatever he wants, but we are customers and then stay away.

I personally will not buy another campaign that can not be adjusted in the difficulty scale! I feel deceived...

Best regards Quasi

Edited by Quasi
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Quasi said:

...it's just a shame when you can't handle it and then don't want to continue flying the mission/campaign because of increasing frustration.

In addition, it keeps me from buying more campaigns if I lack the game fun.

It is also the case that you can not test fly the campaigns and thus buy a pig in a poke. In addition, the thing is expressly excluded from the exchange.

Of course, the creator of the campaign can do whatever he wants, but we are customers and then stay away.

I personally will not buy another campaign that can not be adjusted in the difficulty scale! I feel deceived...

Best regards Quasi

Man, I'm sorry you feel that way, but if you watched any of my videos, I can't stop emphasizing that my campaigns are as study level as the modules themselves. It's not a pig in a poke, that's literally my brand.

I mean if you can land your Huey in that small clearing in Mission 1, or lift off after loading it to the gills at Company HQ, then I'm surprised you can't find your way home on a 30x10 island without GPS. That's waaay easier than the former 2.

PS: It's in my first reply where I highlighted that you can still use GPS navigation using the kneeboard mark function. What are we discussing about?

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Quasi said:

Probably better if I slowly get used to flying without the F10 map and study the Huey navigation even better.

Thanks for your answers and have a good time.

It really is fun. You can use FM homing to find most things on the map, FSBs, the Hospital...Or the LRP team in mission 6. If ED modeled the whole FM homing system, why not use it? 😉 

• Like 1