CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH 2.9 SOLVED

🇬🇧 CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH 2.9

SPRING 2025 contains some missions that are flown together with AI. Currently the AI still lands where it is supposed to, but in some cases it does not restart. Unfortunately, this means that these missions are currently not playable and we have to wait for a solution by ED.

🇫🇷 PROBLÈMES ACTUELS AVEC LA VERSION 2.9

SPRING 2025 contient quelques missions qui sont effectuées avec l'IA. Actuellement, l'IA atterrit toujours là où elle est censée le faire, mais dans certains cas, elle ne redémarre pas. Malheureusement, cela signifie que ces missions ne sont actuellement pas jouables et que nous devons attendre une solution de la part d'ED.

🇩🇪 AKTUELLE PROBLEME MIT 2.9

SPRING 2025 enthält einige Missionen die zusammen mit AI geflogen werden. Aktuell landet die AI noch immer wo sie soll, allerdings startet sie in einigen Fällen nicht wieder. Die führt leider dazu, dass diese Mission damit aktuell nicht spielbar sind und wir auf eine Lösung durch ED

• Thanks 1

Always happy landings ;)

• CHPL changed the title to CURRENT PROBLEMS WITH 2.9 SOLVED

🇬🇧 The last OPEN BETA update fixed the problems with the AI by ED.

🇫🇷 The last OPEN BETA update fixed the problems with the AI by ED.

🇩🇪 Mit dem letzten OPEN BETA Update wuden die Probleme mir der AI von ED behoben.

Edited by CHPL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Always happy landings ;)

same for me - in some Missons the AI Planes don't move or start - so the missions are not playable. But its not affecting all missions for some reason

• Thanks 1

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

@dggoofy

I have tested the mission, and everything runs as it should, except that the infantry unit does not stick to the predefined path around the station. Unfortunately, this is normal and does not affect the mission.

Now it's time to discover why it's not working for you.
What comes to mind immediately? Are you not using the Open Beta? 
The other versions, Stable and Steam have not yet been updated.

If that's not the reason, a more detailed description from when the infantry is back at the helicopter would help me. A video would be perfect.

• Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

First THANK for the quick reaction. Highly appreciated.

Same here. Stable version. And I did not see any infantry around running the station too.

But, as far as I know, stable and OB are the same at this time, so it should work the same way too, shouldn't it ?

Open Beta changelog DCS 2.9.1.48335 Open Beta - 22.11.2023

Stable changelog  : DCS 2.9.1.48335 - 29.11.2023

@dggoofy

You are right and it is even in the change log.
 -@ LOW_Hitman -  I don't know how it is with Steam if it is already updated.

So we have to look for the reason elsewhere.

Wolf 1 lands at the river southeast of the station?
Shortly before or after he lands, an infantryman is activated who runs to the station and back again? 
(This confirms the function of the trigger)
If it doesn't come, something else is wrong.

If I may raise a suspicion.
The mission is very long. I probably wouldn't do it today. 

Have you used time acceleration?

In my test, only one flag is decisive. If this is not there, Wolf 1 does not land. Otherwise, there is nothing that could prevent the start.

Always happy landings ;)

Well, that's the problem. Wolf 1 landed exactly where it should, but not infantry has been activated then.

I did not use time acceleration.... I'll try to refly the mission to see.

Well, this time I didn't go so far 🤣

Returning back from carrier, we reached Batumi river. I get 2 x the message "Enfield - VANS Radar - Climb and maintain 500 feet" Then the copi tell me he would switch the lights off and... pffff. the mission exits with 60% points. I never select F10 menu.

Edited by dggoofy

@dggoofy

That sounds like the mission builder is a sadist.
I thought I had disabled this, but if you fail to maintain altitude or distance to Wolf 1 several times on a route, your main gear should initially fail. DCS has since changed this to expulsion and other things. When reaching the first bridge, you are also on the safe side. So it was just bad luck and got you on the last hundred feeds. 
You can avoid this completely by not trying it in the first place and keeping a large distance from Wolf 1 from the outset.
I'm considering splitting the mission into two parts to make it more player-friendly.

Always happy landings ;)

OK, very frustrating indeed. I refly (3rd time) and again, at the power station, Wolf 1 landed, but no infantry get out.

Here is a picture after 2 minutes orbiting around wolf 1. Maybe it helps

Screen_231213_101126.jpg

BTW : well not fan of splitted missions, but if you do it, try to either make 2 full missions, instead of 1 splitted. And take profite to correct the wrong transponder code given by the carrier : 3779... 9er doen't exist. Max is 7! (you surely know it). Cheers

First of all, I would like to thank you for your patience. I hate having a problem myself and hearing from others that it works.
The nine shots also worked, and of course, you are right. But it sounds so good.
Unfortunately, it's too late for tomorrow's update, but I'll definitely put in a workaround. 

What height is displayed if you select Wolf 1 in the external view with F-2?
For me, it is 149 feet MSL.

The trigger is triggered below 2 meters AGL, i.e., lower than 6 feet above ground.
Approx. Three hundred meters before landing, Wolf 1 flies into a trigger zone that sets a flag. If you have not set a time acceleration at this point, this should not be a problem.

Are you using an MOD?  No matter what kind, but it seems that the AGL evaluation at landing gives you different values, and I have no idea what else could be the reason.
The coordinate system can also be adjusted in the DCS main menu. I use the first one (Lat/Long). It's hard for me to imagine, but that could be the reason.

I know this is frustrating, but in this case, I need your help.
I will create a test mission and make it available to you here so that you don't always have to fly the entire mission.

Always happy landings ;)

@dggoofy 

Enclosed is a shortened version of the original file.

It only contains the landing at the station.

The key triggers and waypoints have not been changed.

Please try it with this. If this does not work either, you can increase the altitude value to 3 meters or, if necessary, 4 or 5 in the trigger for the landing that sets the FLAG 47.

If it is not due to the threshold value for FLAG 47, it must have something to do with your DCS version.
But to be able to say for sure, I asked others to give feedback on Mission 1 and the landing at the station via our DISCORD.

TESTVERSION STATION 1 Mission 1_.miz

Always happy landings ;)

@dggoofy

I have already received a first hint.
There are cases where it looks from a distance as if Wolf 1 is landing, but it is not and is just hovering. 
The threshold value for FLAG 47 may be too low for this.
In any case, I will generally raise the value and add a workaround to be on the safe side.

• Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

@dggoofy

Unfortunately, I can't say if it's because of this hover instead of the landing problem. However, to be safe, I have adjusted the mission. 
As you can see in the test mission, no other reason could be the cause.
The altitude value for activating the trigger has been doubled.
Since I have also seen horses puking, I have added a "FORCE START" in the F-10 radio menu, which appears in the menu at the right time.
The new version has already been passed on to ED but will not be included in the next update.
With a bit of "luck," there will be a fix. It can never be completely ruled out. 

Please test anyway and give me hopefully positive information that it is due to the threshold value.

Always happy landings ;)

Thanks for the effort. Much appreciated.

May I dare a short advise : I created 1 free campaign for the Mi-8 and had several issues with AI high too. So I changed the way the triggers work. I set a higher alt (above ground, not above sea level) and a timer starting when the alt is reached. From the sky, it doesn't matter if the AI is down or not when infantry is activated. Same with player chopper : hight alt, so I'm sure the min alt is always reached, and a second trigger : the collective position ;-). 

Well, I'll try the mission, for sure within the next days, and will give you my feedback.

Cheers.

Am 10.12.2023 um 20:50 schrieb CHPL:

@dggoofy

You are right and it is even in the change log.
 -@ LOW_Hitman -  I don't know how it is with Steam if it is already updated.

So we have to look for the reason elsewhere.

Wolf 1 lands at the river southeast of the station?
Shortly before or after he lands, an infantryman is activated who runs to the station and back again? 
(This confirms the function of the trigger)
If it doesn't come, something else is wrong.

If I may raise a suspicion.
The mission is very long. I probably wouldn't do it today. 

Have you used time acceleration?

In my test, only one flag is decisive. If this is not there, Wolf 1 does not land. Otherwise, there is nothing that could prevent the start.

Hi- iam using the stable stand alone version of dcs

i9-9900K / Bios Profile XMP1 / Rog Strix Z-390F Gaming / Zotac Geforce RTX-3070ti Trinity OC / 32GB HyperX Fury 2666 / Saitek X52 HOTAS / Pico 4

vor 2 Stunden schrieb dggoofy:

Thanks for the effort. Much appreciated.

May I dare a short advise : I created 1 free campaign for the Mi-8 and had several issues with AI high too. So I changed the way the triggers work. I set a higher alt (above ground, not above sea level) and a timer starting when the alt is reached. From the sky, it doesn't matter if the AI is down or not when infantry is activated. Same with player chopper : hight alt, so I'm sure the min alt is always reached, and a second trigger : the collective position ;-). 

Well, I'll try the mission, for sure within the next days, and will give you my feedback.

Cheers.

I downloaded your campaign right away.
I also use AGL altitude for the trigger, but DCS shows you in the outside view only the number for MSL which may be fine if something in your coordination grid is different. 

Sometimes I also use a timer, but in coordination, it is hard to find the right time to coordinate with ground units. 

Always happy landings ;)

vor 1 Stunde schrieb LOW_Hitman:

Hi- iam using the stable stand alone version of dcs

Version DCS 2.9.1.48335  that is the actual. 
If you use Steam I am not sure if it is also at the same stage.  If you use DCS direkt from ED it shud work already.
Still not 100 % sure what causes the problem. 
It may be great if you test the Test mission above as well, so you may change the value if needed to find out what the problem is.

• Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

:crash:  This makes absolutely no sense.

I do not have a clue what the problem may be.
The only thing is that the version in which is saved and the version it is played are different. 

Always happy landings ;)