Pimax Crytal issue

Swoleymoley

I just got the Pimax Crystal and was trying to get DCS to run. 

The issue: I can get SteamVR to run, and I see the Pimax "desktop" where there is a star & dark rocky but when I start DCS-mt the VR headset view swaps to the default Pimax screen with the green logo as if there is no signal. I can see the windowed, lower resolution DCS on my monitor just like my Reverb G2. I don't think it is connecting to the VR headset properly. I understand, I shouldn't use SteamVR if I am using OpenXR however I wanted to say I can indeed see the SteamVR desktop when I load it. I do not have any other games installed on this computer that I use for VR, so I cannot test with another game. 

What I have installed: 

1. Pimax Play V1.16.01.01.29_202309191121

2. OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality 113.2309.7002.0

3. PimaxXR 0.4.4

4. Quad Views Foveated-1.3.2

5. OpenXR Toolkit 1.3.2

System: i7-12700KF, 64 GB DDR5 HyperX, Prime Z790-P wifi, RTX 4080, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit lost as to why I cannot see DCS. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I should also add, my Windows Mixed Reality doesn't seem to recognize the Pimax Crystal like the Reverb G2. I am not sure if is supposed to or not.

Edited by Swoleymoley

Hello,

The Crystal is not a Mixed Reality headset.

I would advice to follow the instructions on https://pimax.com/how-to-run-openxr-on-the-pimax-crystal/.

And search for Crystal and DCS because you'll find lots of information on Pimax.com on how to setup the headset like DCS Best VR Settings & Optimization | Pimax.

Also, start DCS from your default icon, not from the gaming section in Pimax Play. The settings in there work only for games started with SteamVR. Use the common settings instead.

I have followed the instructions on the link you provided. I still have the same issue. It is as if nothing is being sent to the headset. I have it all configured as the screenshots have shown. I cannot get to the last step. Nothing happens when I press Shift+Tab and all I see is the default Pimax green logo screen in the headset but the window on my monitor shows as if the game loaded VR. 

13 hours ago, Swoleymoley said:

I just got the Pimax Crystal and was trying to get DCS to run. 

The issue: I can get SteamVR to run, and I see the Pimax "desktop" where there is a star & dark rocky but when I start DCS-mt the VR headset view swaps to the default Pimax screen with the green logo as if there is no signal. I can see the windowed, lower resolution DCS on my monitor just like my Reverb G2. I don't think it is connecting to the VR headset properly. I understand, I shouldn't use SteamVR if I am using OpenXR however I wanted to say I can indeed see the SteamVR desktop when I load it. I do not have any other games installed on this computer that I use for VR, so I cannot test with another game. 

What I have installed: 

1. Pimax Play V1.16.01.01.29_202309191121

2. OpenXR Tools for Windows Mixed Reality 113.2309.7002.0

3. PimaxXR 0.4.4

4. Quad Views Foveated-1.3.2

5. OpenXR Toolkit 1.3.2

System: i7-12700KF, 64 GB DDR5 HyperX, Prime Z790-P wifi, RTX 4080, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I am a bit lost as to why I cannot see DCS. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I should also add, my Windows Mixed Reality doesn't seem to recognize the Pimax Crystal like the Reverb G2. I am not sure if is supposed to or not.

Hi,

which version of DCS do you have? Standalone or Steam? Do you start the DCS from DCS World OpenBeta\bin-mt\DCS.exe?

The standalone version needs that blue marked line added to the shortcut (--force_OpenXR isn't necessary anymore).image.png

If DCS is a Steam game, you have to start DCS directly from steam (I only read that).

And as already said, Pimax isn't a WMR HMD. If you didn't need it anymore, you should delete the whole WMR stuff.

@mbucchia has a sticky in this section. Go there and open the link. He explains all you have to know how to get your Pimax ready to go.

With SteamVR you'll get a free game you can play (The Lab).

Edited by Nedum

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

• 3 months later...
On 10/28/2023 at 4:58 PM, Swoleymoley said:

all I see is the default Pimax green logo screen in the headset but the window on my monitor shows as if the game loaded VR. 

I am having this exact same issue right now with DCS.

'The other WWII sim' will either crash on starting up or if I'm lucky to load up in a plane I can only move my head and my keyboard and mouse stops working, so I need to Alt Tab to stop/ terminate the application/ title.

That 'Almalence_DLVR_OpenXR_Layer_installer_v1_6_2' software is absolutely amazing though! Just wow! I couldn't believe the difference! I do hope that when the license runs out soon that Pimax purchases it. That in itself blew me away when I was switching it on and off with the Delete key, looking at the plane in the hanger! I could see very, very fine details just on the paint of the plane with this software.

British Dragon - Simulation Based Training 2 - YouTube

Call sign: Wiltshire 1-2 | Dragon

AKA British Dragon