Looking for relaxed Mil Sim Squadron [Location: UK | Time zone: GMT | Preferred aircraft: F-18, F-16]

Coxie1102

Hi All,

I believe this is my first time posting here so I hope I got to the right sub-forum!

Anyhow, I've been playing DCS for a few years now and I absolutely love it. My problem is that the way I play is by generally finding a public server to hop onto like one of the 4YA servers and just do my own thing. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find someone who wants to fly with me on there, but its hit and miss. So now I'm looking for a mil sim group to join and have fun with. 

Although I feel quite proficient with the F-18, and F-16 modules, I still feel like there's a bunch of stuff I need to learn. and I haven't even touched "proper" communications procedures, so I would need to learn that stuff, hence why I have stated that I am looking for a relaxed group. I'm all for going full immersion but I feel like I lack a fair bit of knowledge that some mil sim groups might expect from the start. So in an ideal world, I'd also like to have members willing and able to teach me how to better use modules.

A little about me:

Availability: Weekends, and some week day evenings
DCS hours estimate: 500-1000h
Owned Aircraft: F/A-18C (1st Choice), F-16C (2nd Choice), A-10C ii (Third Choice), F-15E, AV-8B, Spitfire, UH-1H Huey, AH-64D [Owned but never flown], Su-33 [Owned but never flown]
Owned Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf
Owned Miscellaneous Modules: Supercarrier

So, if anyone has any suggestions to a group I'd be well suited to I'd love to hear

Thanks,

Coxie

On 10/29/2023 at 6:38 PM, Coxie1102 said:

Hi All,

I believe this is my first time posting here so I hope I got to the right sub-forum!

Anyhow, I've been playing DCS for a few years now and I absolutely love it. My problem is that the way I play is by generally finding a public server to hop onto like one of the 4YA servers and just do my own thing. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find someone who wants to fly with me on there, but its hit and miss. So now I'm looking for a mil sim group to join and have fun with. 

Although I feel quite proficient with the F-18, and F-16 modules, I still feel like there's a bunch of stuff I need to learn. and I haven't even touched "proper" communications procedures, so I would need to learn that stuff, hence why I have stated that I am looking for a relaxed group. I'm all for going full immersion but I feel like I lack a fair bit of knowledge that some mil sim groups might expect from the start. So in an ideal world, I'd also like to have members willing and able to teach me how to better use modules.

A little about me:

Availability: Weekends, and some week day evenings
DCS hours estimate: 500-1000h
Owned Aircraft: F/A-18C (1st Choice), F-16C (2nd Choice), A-10C ii (Third Choice), F-15E, AV-8B, Spitfire, UH-1H Huey, AH-64D [Owned but never flown], Su-33 [Owned but never flown]
Owned Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf
Owned Miscellaneous Modules: Supercarrier

So, if anyone has any suggestions to a group I'd be well suited to I'd love to hear

Thanks,

Coxie

Hey Coxie, I'm looking for a similar deal, have you had any luck with this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...